summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, January 1, 2016

my boys are all leaving me...

Being a mom to grown up sons is such an honor. That's the best way I can say it. I have four grown sons. Benjamin, Joseph who still lives home, Aaron who is leaving in a few days for California, and Army Sam. When I am with Ben,(which isn't often because he lives on the other side of the country) it's like we see each other every day, and it's just so GOOD to be with him. Joe doesn't mince words. He can be direct with me, but he is also so tender-hearted. The times when I've been sad or having a rough time, Joseph would sense it and ask me if I was okay. One time I was upset about something, and I asked him if he was sad too...he said, "No, but I'm sad that you're sad." He is extremely respectful. The kids say he's my favorite, but my favorite is always the kid I am with at the moment. Then there's Aaron. Aaron, my go-getter, leaving for better weather, better pay...Aaron is funny and witty and smart and always good to me. And Sam...I realize that I still see him as like a 10 year old kid. He texted and said he made it back to base safe and sound this morning. He's a big boy.:) I sent him on his way with a big baggie of chocolate chip cookies.

It's snowing here in central New York state. Big fluffy flakes. There's a turkey in the oven. Baby Lydia spent the night, and is sleeping now in her little bed in the living room. The windows are fogged up, and it's cozy in here. I am planning on taking a walk later, I was chilly yesterday afternoon and Paul said if I went for a walk in the cold, I would be toasty when I got back in the house...it worked.

A renewed commitment to getting in better shape...along with the rest of the country, I am going to be fit and healthy in 2016. Not because it's a new year, necessarily, but because of Christmas eating. I was pretty good, but added too much chocolate. Yesterday a few mini Reese's peanut butter Christmas trees, and a mini York peppermint patty. Once I taste these yummy things, they torment. I need to get back into my No Candy/No Sugar mindset. It's easier that way, to just say to myself, "I don't eat that stuff."

Anyway...lots of kids are up and around, and I am done typing for now...

No comments: