summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

yeah, so it's winter now...


Last evening, the little girls started in on how they loved summer, and couldn't wait for it to arrive. We counted, there are 121 days until the first of June.

But we can't wish our lives away, I told them. Let's be thankful for the coziness. They moved the coffee table out of the way, and spread the mats they got for Christmas across the room, and put the two by four they use for a balance beam on them. They said they are thankful for a big living room. And for the space heater. And for hot tea.

Right now, they are eating bowls of Cheerios at the coffee table with a candle lit.

Today, we are going to do some school, then go out and about in the snow. It is STILL snowing here. The band of snow sets up across Lake Ontario...and gets comfy. We shoveled that driveway so many times yesterday.

Anyway, we didn't pay that insurance bill yesterday because I called the office, and they had left! I was glad to stay home. But today it must be paid, and we are running out of cat food, and stuff for lunches. Paul is leaving early tomorrow morning for Washington state/Oregon, and then France, so he needs a few things that I'm picking up for him.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! Lots of snow! We haven't gotten that much yet, but it's been so cold we sure are hanging on to the snow we got a few weeks ago and then every once in awhile we get rain or flurries that just mess up the driveway and roads terribly...lots of ice everywhere!

I really don't like winter, but I love the coziness of being inside with a good book and blanket and no where to go. I have to remind myself of that when it's -7 degrees and the new puppy wants out (thankfully she's a southern dog and doesn't like being out for too long in the cold-lol) but otherwise it's ok. I only wish it wasn't quite so long until summer :)

Joy said...

With your mention of coziness, I have to share this with you! I just shared this on FB the other day and my husband and I read it aloud together the other day and we thought it was so beautifully written and helps to embrace this season which can be so hard to embrace! http://www.crisismagazine.com/2015/in-defense-of-domesticity#.Vp7gEFRm9OA.facebook

Blessings! :D