summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, April 6, 2017

april showers bring may flowers...

and April floods bring lots of mud. ha. But here in central New York, you'll hear this: "At least it's not snow."

\
My one dollar sunglasses, before I left for the library yesterday...sunglasses in central New York...ha.


Camille Anaya, just because she's cute. We went to the grocery store after the library yesterday, and they had fluffy blankets marked down to six dollars...she chose one that's the same color as Sunny, and came with a soft teddy bear.

The library...it's just such a nice place. We part ways after returning our books, after I find a few I go find the kids. Yesterday, Miss Char was already reading a book she found, sitting at our usual table. Camille was sitting on the floor in one of the rows, flipping through pages and deciding. Jon found some books and joined us at the table. After everyone found a few good ones to read, we chose some non-fiction books to learn lots of things from. (Yesterday we chose some colonial America books, and one on Israel) On the way out of the library, Camille announced that she got the same plastic bag as she brought in! There were four bags, I put them in my purse after we returned the books, then pulled them out to put the new books into. I said to her, "Now what's the chance of that?", and Char yelled, "25%!" So they're learning, ha.

The grocery store...we tried to skip through there as fast as we could, and we didn't do too badly. I try to connect with the kids during these outings, instead of just being focused on what I need to get. I question them on how much per pound something is if it's $5.29, buy one get one free, ect. I think it's a good real life skill to be able to figure things like that out quickly in your head. It's interesting to see what methods they use, how they come to their answers.

Anyway. Home is always nice after an outing, and yesterday we weren't gone very long. Home with a stack of library books is especially nice. I put on a pot of coffee, we put away the groceries, then the school kids came in. Jonathan grilled the burgers for dinner, yay Jonny!

Today, we are staying home. We are going to do lots of math, then have reading time, and maybe an Easter project.

No comments: