summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, April 29, 2017

oh the fun and joy!!!


A brand new Miele vacuum cleaner!!! It still had the plastic clippy things on it, and the bag inside was never used!...$4.99 at the thrift store! And Miss Camille helped me check it out, test it, and approved the purchase...she was excited to get home and try it...in this pic, I may or may not have suggested that she not smile like an idiot, to which she may have replied right as I took the picture, "Hey! That was my regular smile!"

Our big Dyson vac is fine, but for these uncarpeted floors, a smaller compact unit is nice, and since I broke our perfectly good Eureka last week by cracking it against the driveway in an attempt to unlodge something that I am certain I didn't vacuum up myself, while cleaning out the minivan for the trip down to pick up Sam. Anyway, a replacement hose is pricey.

Anyway, today was a good day. Duke woke me up at 4:18, I was in such a lovely deep sleep. It so long to get back to sleep, but I was glad he didn't bark again. After doing some basic morning housework, I sat in my comfy chair for some Saturday morning coffee. Paul made omelets. mmm. After a bit, it became clear I wouldn't be just staying home today. I had wanted to visit my sister-in-law's LulaRoe sale, so Evelyn and I, and Char and Cam headed out the door. The sale was at a community garage sale event, so I not only bought a sweet new pair of leggings, I got some fresh local honey, produced by the bees of Evelyn's friend's mom, right outside of town. I LOVE local stuff. Local maple syrup, do you know people right around here make their own?

Then the thrift store, where we found the vacuum, a jean skirt for me, a nice jacket for Char, a shirt and a pair of Sperry shoes for Ev. It was too much fun, and came to only $30.

Then...the dollar store! We got potting soil, seeds, pots, and a few snacks.

The grocery store for green peppers and olives, and a watermelon for tomorrow. We ordered pizza because the kids' free pizza certificates expire soon. Do you realize how difficult it is to eat healthy when there is Pizza Hut Pan Pizza, Buffalo sauce with grilled chicken and bacon, with garlic butter crust? In the van? I did not have any. In fact, I only just ate dinner, a taco salad with lots of veggies.

I made 48 chocolate cupcakes for tomorrow, and two pounds of pasta salad, while I was making dinner.

The little girls are watching Master Chef Junior, it inspires me that kids can do more than you think they can.

Anyway...it's been a good day.

1 comment:

Carol said...

I amazed at the foods that those kids can make on that show. Most of it, I don't even know how to cook it. I am glad you had such a successful day at the thrift store. I need to go more often.