summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, April 13, 2017

update....roadtrip...we found summer!!!!


Last evening after FINALLY arriving at our hotel in Fairfax Virginia...I will spare you the fun and adventurous details of getting on and off highways with five and six lane traffic...but we found the place. And we were hungry for dinner. So of course we googled the closest supermarket, because well, we like to eat healthy, ect. So I had it on my phone, and Paul had it on his phone, and...we followed his directions. Now, wandering around in heavy traffic isn't terrible when it's over 70 degrees out, and there are sidewalks. But when we had walked about a mile and asked a lady in a pizza shop for directions, and the store was where MY phone said it was, by then a mile and a half in the OTHER direction, I cried uncle and said we had to just eat a restaurant.

The Silver Diner is not giving me any money to say they are excellent. Organic, farm raised, local, fresh...and yummy. I had a burger with fresh spinach, tomato, pickles, and some awesome fries which I shouldn't have eaten...it was so good. Paul had a turkey avocado sandwich.


I just had to stop and take a pic of how lovely the streetlamp looked shining through...leaves! We do not have any leaves on our trees yet, back in central New York state. We are watching the buds anxiously, trying to actually catch them opening and unfurling those baby green leaves...it's always the same, one morning I'll wake up, and voila! Magic leaves. I know, it's science, but it's still a miracle every year.

So we drove south to admire and enjoy their leaves.

And. hopefully to pick up Sam. The packet of paperwork he was waiting for, had been completed for over a week, and was sitting in a stack on someone's desk. Seriously. Now he has to have sevreral people sign off on it, and he says one woman requires an appointment, and is like a combination of the lunch lady on the Simpsons and the TSA. I don't know if this is true, or if it's what he has heard from other soldiers, but I am hoping and praying he gets this done today, because tomorrow is Good Friday, and the base won't be conducting business like that, not until next Tuesday...we will be back home in New York by then, hopefully not without Sam. If he doesn't get these things taken care of today, we will be just going home tomorrow without him.

And he just texted me that he was sick last night...so pray for him!

Today we are going to the city to see the cherry blossoms and museums. My feet are terrified, but the rest of me is excited.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I know what you mean about the leaves, I watch every spring hoping to catch them the minute they leaf out. I guesss one would need a time lapse camera. To me the trees are a miracle and demonstration that what looks dead is really alive.
I hope that it all works out with Sam coming home today but I know it will work out exactly as it is supposed to.
Happy Easter Della!