summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, April 14, 2017

home...without sam....

The long ride home...it's supposed to take under seven hours...but traffic!!! It was hard to say goodbye to Sam...his paperwork was sitting on a desk, but now he has a firm appointment to get things signed off...so next Wednesday it is...!


We picnicked in the park with Sam before heading home. It's springtime in D.C.!


The Netherlands Carrillion, which was gifted to the U.S in 1954, in thanks for help during and after WWII...it's quite amazing, and yesterday played the songs from each branch of service.

So we said goodbye to Sam and drove home...we were greeted by two happy dogs, and Duke, ha. And lots of happy kids! Kathryn and Evelyn left for the weekend, went to Connecticut, and the younger kids were at Emily's house, but are home now...Em took them for an adventure today, a hike and for ice cream.

My suitcase is still packed, and I'm ready for bed.

This is going to be a good weekend...tomorrow is Filling The Easter Baskets day, and we have lots of things to do here too. I need to go the store to get the ham for Sunday's dinner, and see if the kids still want to make half moon cookies for Easter. We also plan to make some little chocolate bunnies from the plastic molds.

I am refreshed and re-energized from my trip. So much time spent with Paul, it was nice! I missed the kids, and am excited to be back home...even though Duke will most certainly wake me up bright and too early.

And next week...another trip to Washington D.C.!

1 comment:

Joybells said...

Happy Easter, Della!! I'm with you on the leaves. I watch for them every spring. It's like a piece of music. First the giddy fanfare of spring blossoms, followed by the deeper, joyful notes of leaves! It never gets old.

My girls (ages 2 and 4) experienced Easter baskets for the first time today. We were a little worried that they would think Easter is about bunnies and candy. But I told them we celebrate Easter because Jesus saved us, and we love Him! They understood perfectly. :) And they think Easter is awesome, which was the point. :)

Joy from Salem