summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Happy Easter!!!!


Homemade peanut butter treats...peanut butter, butter, a little bit of Nutella, confectioner's sugar...dipped in milk chocolate, and white chocolate...yum.

I also made some little molded bunnies and chicks, and cupcakes to put them on.


Miss Lydia, the Lydster. She loved the cuppycakes!


Her mama bought her a new dolly for Easter.

We had the traditional ham dinner, with applesauce, mashed potatoes, steamed green beans, asparagus, and rolls. The weather was nice, Paul went fishing with Jonathan and Adrian, and also took a little hike with Charlotte Claire and Camille. Margaret and Suzanne helped me fill the baskets...we set one aside for Samuel:)

I ate a few pieces of candy today, but I am done. No cupcakes, no rolls, just one homemade peanut butter treat, two small Reese's eggs, one jelly bean...the jelly bean was out-of-this-world good. Why did I eat it? Now my brain remembers the goodness of jelly beans, and I want to EAT AlL THE JELLY BEANS. Chocolate, marshmallow peeps, chocolate covered marshmallow eggs, malted eggs, Cadbury chocolate eggs...we have them ALL. And I WANT THEM. But, I am done. I had a little bit, and I am done. I KNOW own self, some people can handle it, I cannot. So I am done.

Oh, I don't care for sweets. When someone says that, I do automatically hate them, ha.

Torture. That's what my next week will be here. I will deny myself, I will get the sugar out of my system so it doesn't plague me as much, but I love it ALL.

Just the smell, the aroma, of an Easter basket full of treats...oh dear.

Jonathan, Abigail, and I took a sunset walk this eveing. It was Jon's idea, and it was a good one, it felt nice. I told him to bug me every single day to take my walk.

And, now it is bed time. Duke woke me at 5:18 this morning, a whole hour earlier than yesterday morning, so goodnight!!!

No comments: