summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, February 2, 2018

no school!!! snow day!!!!



I woke up at 5 this morning, glad I still had time to go back to sleep. But then I started thinking about things...appointments I should make, projects I want to start, school reports, things I want to organize, and life itself. No matter how much I told myself just to go back to sleep, ugh. I was just drifting off when Evelyn texted me that school was delayed by two hours. Oh drats, fully awake again, should at least get up and go to the bathroom. Then I decided that I was really awake, so I should just stay up, let the dogs out, start the coffee, and do some morning work.

Then...school was cancelled altogether!



As you may have noticed, I have a mild obsession with weather. I love going out in the snowy mornings, and shoveling the driveway. The snow was extra heavy and dense today, so I didn't get the whole thing done, and it's still coming down, we are forecast to get another 7 - 8 inches today. It's only 11 degrees (-11.6c), and windy. So the roads are bad, it Mirielle three times longer to get to work this morning. Anyway, I like going out and experiencing it.

Today, the three high school girls are home, yay! Evelyn is already making it fun for the little girls, she is making crepes with raspberries. But first, they have to clean up the house a little, as Evelyn says, "If we're going to be stuck in the house all day, it may as well be clean." The apple doesn't rot far from the tree, I see myself in her so much.

Last evening, Sonja made cupcakes with Camille. Vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting, and sprinkles, which I am trying to avoid. I WILL avoid them. I thought the majority of them would go off to school with the three girls, to be shared with their friends, but ha. Now they sit there prettily, frosting dripping down the sides, tempting me. But NO. Just no.

Because...I have been doing well at avoiding sugar, and carbs, except for Monday night when we went out to dinner...I had the burger and fries, and ate the.whole.thing., bun and all. But since then, I have been really good, and I feel better when I don't eat the junk. Yesterday, I had two eggs and bacon. Then some almond bread with butter for lunch. Then hot sausage with peppers and onions, and a nice big salad for dinner. That's it. No chocolate, no popcorn, no tastes or bites. When I stay the course and eat like this, my cravings fade and I feel satisfied. But add a cookie or two, and the Sugar Monster in me takes over and just roars to be fed.

Crepes with raspberries won't be eaten by me:)

Just so you know, Charlotte Claire is sweeping the floor while riding the hoverboard.

Ah well, time to get moving. It's a fun place today, home. There is a Yay, We Have A Day Off spirit that's contagiously fun!!!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Good morning Della..........we have a snowy cold day as well ........ -20C and snowing!!❄️❄️ Sounds like a fun day at your house. Can I come? Sounds like fun to me. I’ve had a busy week so the laundry has piled up and that’s what I’ll be doing 😜 A t least I don t have to go to the river and bash it on the rocks........plus the river is frozenπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I have 2 cookbooks you would like...Danielle Walker AGAINST ALL GRAIN. There are some great recipes using nut flours. I’ve made several things and all have been yummy. Nut flour is a great alternative I think and delicious. Well you have a great day with your family...........how nice that they are going to clean! Wow!! Send them over......

Marilyn from Canada