summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

first world probs....



The fact that many object to the mere mention of the term "1st world countries", because then there are the "3rd world countries", and I am not sure what happened to the seconds, but it's apparently not nice to label countries anymore.

But, we still have those first world problems...

I lost my 20% off coupon for Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

The price of eggs has gone way up.

Aldi ran out of the $29.99 patio umbrellas.

Our water has iron in it. Even the Brita pitcher water looks orange.

The internet is sooooo sloooow.

My phone...my iPhone 6, is getting...obsolete, ha, doing strange things, needs updating (it's urgent, proclaims my teenage daughter)

Spring refuses to arrive, even though it's April. Today's forecast: snow flurries. I go from winter boots straight to Birkenstocks.

Enough complaining...here's something funny: yesterday was Paul's birthday. He arrived at his final destination in India, Coimbatore, and the hotel staff had gotten word from his Indian co-workers that it was his big day...so one of the hotel workers accompanied him to his room, where another worker was waiting, all smiles, with balloons and a cake! Paul doesn't love birthdays, and this was embarrassing to him. I thought it was hilarious.

Margaret and baby Wulf came today. I admit, it's hard for me to keep my big mouth shut, so I make sure I preface all advice with, "I don't like to tell you what to do, but...", ha. I know caring for babies is part instinct and part learning from other mamas, but it's nice if she can get the confidence by figuring things out her own way, along with Adrian. She is doing fantastically well, Wulf is growing and gaining and seems very content and wise. He peed through one outfit, then spit up on the next one, and guess what? I enjoyed changing his clothes, and his diaper. The handling and dressing of a small infant...oh joy. Then I rocked him, him with his pacifier, and his eyes wide open, me rocking him and singing to him...oh bliss.

Little Miss Anne was here today too. She got tired, and ready for her nap, but I rocked first and sang, "Frere Jacques", and she sang with me. She keeps me on my toes, but to have a little one in the house again is so nice.

Last night after my shower, I was SO ready to get in bed and read, then I remembered we had turned up the hot tub! So I wrapped up in a towel and went to the little girls' room and reminded them, and yes, they would LOVE to go in the hot tub at eleven o'clock at night! Jon thought it sounded fun too. So into my suit and out we went, under the clear starry sky...the hot tub is a good place to talk, no distractions, no electronics, just conversation and steamy hot water.

Ah well...I started this post this fine morning, but then Anne arrived, and I put away the laptop...and now it's night time...what a good day though!

No comments: