summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

just let me write....

Can we have a random post for once? Here are a few of my favorite things...
1.
Spring weather. There is actually a cardinal perched on a branch in this pic, but it's hard to see, taken through the screen.

2.
Baby Wulf. I just love him.

3. Lydia. Grant. Elise. Anya. I love love love them, all five of my grandchildren. I'm not simply being lazy, not including all their photos, I don't have much time before Anne gets here. Guess what? I love her too.

4.
This guy. He's in India in 90 degree weather, we are having a nice snowy spring. But he's working too much to enjoy the weather.

5.
Sunny's bestie is The Little Orange Guy, who we named, "Buster", and will always be called Orange Guy. He is the nicest kitty, he went to the vet yesterday and purred right through the vaccinations. And Suri...she is just adorbs. Her face. :)

6.
My daughter Mali and her little Lydia Eleanor....:)

This post was started yesterday, but life happens, and yesterday was busy, somehow. I fit in a phone call to my sister, we have a friend in Canada who was diagnosed with cancer, has spread to her liver already, and just wow. It's shocking. She is a mama to seven beautiful kids, so please, pray for Deb.

It's snowing here like it's February. The ground is soggy and muddy, but the birds are still singing.

Charlotte Claire, Camille, and I took a little trip to the library last evening. We were thinking of going somewhere for dinner, as the rest of the family was doing other things and it was just us...but we sort of just wanted to go back home and have a cozy evening. We needed like two things from the store, and then discovered that the chicken wings, hot to-go, were half price after six, so we just got some of those to take home. Now, these kids of mine had already had a huge-0 treat earlier, we had visited Margaret and Adrian after the vet visit, and then stopped at a local apple place that sells regional products, and bought maple syrup and pancake mix from around these parts...as a housewarming gift for some friends. Then...they picked out some mammoth half moon cookies. 'Fession: I tasted ONE BITE of the vanilla frosted side, and ONE BITE of the chocolate frosted side, and oh deary dear dear. yummers. Anyway. We got home with our library books, and shared the wings with Jonathan, Joseph, and Bethany.

Sundays are usually busy here at our house. It's like an open invite to the family, the older ones who have moved out, to come on over for dinner. This past Sunday, I had been so smart and efficient, and put three London broil cuts of beef, about ten pounds, in the crock pot with some carrot chunks. Well. Someone must have jarred the cord when they were getting a coffee mug, because when we got home from church, that crock pot was unplugged. It was still very warm, but not cooked. There wasn't time to keep it in there, so into the oven it went. It was edible, but not tender like it would have been...I peeled almost ten pounds of potatoes and made mashies, then heated up some long green beans. We had like twenty here for dinner, including four little cousins, children of two of my nieces who like coming here to play. And play they did: hide and seek and tag and waffletown and dollhouse and coloring at the table. It's nice to have kids in the house.

Anyway. In closing, I would like to say this: I did indeed find myself getting sick and tired of the oppressive gray skies and the cold here in central New York state. It started feeling almost claustrophobic, never seeing the sun. And I like gloomy days! What must it be like for those who don't like them in the first place? I really had to pray my way through, renew my thankfulness for coziness, find the good in it all. I do long for sunshine on my face, for warm days of barefeet in the yard. It's coming...one of these days...I say this as the April snow swirls down onto the poor robins...

No comments: