summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

I am still here...

Has blogging become a chore I no longer want to do, weighing on me when too many days have passed without posting? Sometimes.

There are pics I should put up, of baby Wulf, so adorable, growing and gaining and thriving, twelve days old now...

Yesterday was too busy here to blog. Seven of my kids were in Norway, and came home...I picked up five of them from the airport Monday night, got home around 1 a.m....so by the time those kids showered and got in bed, there's no way they were going to school yesterday. So it was a day of hearing about the trip, sampling Norwegian chocolate, and getting their Easter baskets:)

I made pot roast and gravy with red potatoes and carrots for dinner. Abigail came over, Emily came over, and Margaret and Adrian came over with baby.

Today is back to school for the three high school girls, and back to normal here, with Anne coming over soon.

And today, I will behave and stay out of the chocolate. Norwegian chocolate, like all the European chocolate I have tasted, is smooth and silky, and tantalizingly good. I sent the kids with extra money to bring some back, so I can share it with friends, and yes, eat it. mmmmm. But today, I'll stay out of it. Jonathan brought home a whole mulit-pack of the Kit-Kat bars from there, which we HAD to compare to our Kit-Kats, theirs won hands-down, in my book.

Spring is being very mean to us, here in the northeast. It sent the birds, which tweet and flutter around the yard, in the chilly rain. It sent some warmth, but rarely any sunshine, and now for the next week or so, it's sending a bit of snow and wind, freezing nights and chilly days. Today we have a high wind warning, up to 65 miles per hour. It's dark and amazingly cozy in here, but...it's not exactly SPRING.

What we WANT is sunshine and warmth, even 55 degrees would be nice...to soak up the sun, and rake up the yard, start in on making the deck summer-ready. But instead we'll make the most of the coziness, and remind ourselves that we will not melt if we go outside in this stuff.

Anyway, here's what's going on with me:

My mammogram came back fine and clear. YAY!

The mama cat, Kettler, has a surgery date for getting spayed, YAY!

The orange kitty, is going in to the in two weeks for shots and pre-surgery check, he is getting neutered, YAY.

Emily graduates from college in one month from today, if all goes well, and will be an N.P. (nurse practitioner, not to be confused with an M.P., military police, ha.) YAY!!

Benjamin and Ashley have bought a house! They'll be ten minutes away, and it's a huge nice house, and I still can't believe they're back on the east coast...YAY!!!

Mirielle wants to make sure we do fun things this summer, so she reserved a cabin in the Adirondacks for a weekend in July, and bought tickets for a Finger Lakes Wine event for Emily, her, and I, with Evelyn going to as a designated driver, just in case we taste a bit much. YAY!!!

Anyway...Anne is on her way...have a good day!!!!

6 comments:

Donna bogie said...

I Hope you dont keep blogging, I enjoy reading your posts!
Donna, NY

Anonymous said...

You have a very busy blessed life! Glad your mammogram came back negative :-) blessings from Orlando Florida -Darla

Kanadiangirl said...

I selfishly hope you never stop blogging!

Anonymous said...

A new grandchild what fun and Norway for some of your kids. Yes post pictures would be fun. Fantastic your mam was great I hope your other test came back good too. (praying). Praying you get your Spring soon. We have 50s and rain this part of the West Coast.

God bless your week

Erika

p.s. Thanks for posting your song on your anniversary. I remembered that song, then I had to go and listen to it again and it is still stuck in my head lol. Googled the singer too, sad for him.

Anonymous said...

All great news at yours and glad kids back home safely. What an experience.

It is your blog and you can put on / or not / whatever and whenever you choose. Don't think you have to please anyone. I hope you keep blogging but it should be something nice to do not become a chore, you already have enough of those!

Simone

Joybells said...

You're back!! I'm so happy! Sorry about the snow in April, my goodness!! It's been cold here in the Pacific NW, but we do have daffodils and tulips and cherry trees blooming everywhere.

Good luck at the Monster Jam...I've worked those too. Oh the stink and the noise. But it's interesting to see how some people can be so into it.

So nice to see your smiling face, Della!

Joy from Salem