summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

it's always something, isn't it?

But this: I walked again, third day in a row!


There are cows down the road...in the hot summer, they get to be in the shade...this one wagged her tail when she saw me...


Anyway...our refrigerator turned off, at some point, I happened to notice the error code flashing when I got out the half and half this morning. The popsicles are totally liquid, and the frozen bread is mushy. I googled the code, pressed some buttons, and it seems to be humming, but what a pain in my arse. I think I'm ready for just a normal refrigerator again, this Samsung has been trouble from the start.

And I don't think my little chants of encouragement are going to help anything, I am walking around here saying, "Please work! Please work!"

So yesterday Suzanne and I went in and picked her new contacts, and my new reading glasses. We took Miss Sonja K. with us, and got her a new sim card for my old phone, which decided to work after Sonja took it to the Apple store last week and got all the data cleared from it. Jonathan was working yesterday, and Joseph was working too, although he wouldn't go shopping with us anyway, ha. And shopping...we went!
But first, a little snack since we missed lunch...


Then, on to the outlet mall! We didn't find too much, but I did get some new boots. I tried on a few pairs, they were half off, and oh so warm and cute...my girls talked me into getting a pair, said I would be so thankful when the snow was falling, that I decided to buy them. I got to the register and Sonja reminded me that the sale in that store was buy one, get one half off, so she got to grab a pair of Birkenstock sandals, which ended up being only twenty bucks. My other kids didn't "need" anything, and they are such good girls, I know they would have liked new sneakers, but they didn't want me to get them something if they didn't actually need it.

We had a speedy dinner, I stopped to visit with Grandma a bit, with Kathryn, and the rest of the kids headed home and started the dinner. Jonathan grilled the chicken which I had been marinating, they made rice and a salad, and it was good. We went out the door to the meeting, and didn't get back home until almost ten. Then, because it's summer, Evelyn made slushies and popcorn, and we stayed up and watched a movie.

Margaret is coming over with baby Wulf today. I need to get Jonathan a haircut, and I want to have something nice for dinner. Abigail is coming over, she is leaving for Norway in the morning. Never a dull moment, I tell you. Also, Mali and little Lydia are coming over for a visit:)

At least the pool is clear! I put two chlorine tablets on the shelf where the water goes into the filter, Paul thought it wasn't good to put one in the filter basket itself because it breaks down the plastic. Anyway, it seems to be nice and clear these days.

The weather here is so humid and warm. I am not complaining, but oh dear I get overheated when it is so muggy. We don't have air conditioning in our house except for a couple of window units in a few bedrooms, ours we haven't even been running, only when it's REALLY hot. I can't complain about summer, I love it so much. And, now I need to get busy and sweep and clean up...:)

No comments: