summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

steamy and humid....



It's hot, and the humidity is oppressive...just swampy hot. This fine morning, I got up with the birds and took Miss Kathryn Grace to the dental surgeon to have those pesky wisdom teeth removed. She did fine, and in the recovery room, she was quite giggly. Now, it doesn't take much to make me laugh, and when Kap told me a whole story which I barely understood, seeing she had a mouth full of gauze, I said to her, "You just told me you like marshmallows." She said, "I did?" It was just too funny, because I don't actually know what she said, but I don't think that it was that she liked marshmallows.

We're home now, Kathryn is actually helping Lydia with playdoh. We are doing some wedding planning, Joseph and Bethany are getting married on September 22nd.

Next week we're having baby Grant while his daddy (Sam) goes to Army training. It's when school starts here, so we'll be watching little almost-two-year-old Anne, and will also have Lydia a few times a week when Mali works. So life isn't slowing down any...

Kathryn, Evelyn, Sonja and I are sitting here talking while Lyd plays playdoh. Emily took Suzanne, Char, and Cam on a waterfall hike.

Bye for now.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Oh how I would love to have another child here to help with my granddaughter. I can not get anything accomplished because I am always having to entertain her. I love her but there are days. It is hot and humid here as well. Oppressive to say the least and to continue next week.

16 blessings'mom said...

I can imagine! We still have six daughters at home, and two sons, but when they go places, like tonight...they all filed out the door, and just Kathryn is here who had her wisdom teeth out today, and Lydia wants Grandma to play dollhouse with her...It is a lot of work sometimes, rewarding for sure, but it's hard. I thought I was done with these days, with remembering to remind a small child to go potty.