summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

and just as quickly as it arrived, it left....

Christmas. But hopefully we're still jolly! All I wanted for Christmas: good kids, and a clean house. Well, the kids are good ha.

It's been a whirlwind, but a lovely one. On Christmas morning, Margaret asked if we could sing a Christmas song to Wulf....
Seven of my girls on Christmas morning...

We had Christmas Eve at Ben's, then Christmas morning here...so quiet with only one of the grandchildren, little Wulf.

This year I got an Instapot! We used it yesterday, Emily made some amazing roast in it, with red wine...you can brown the meat up, then it takes a fraction of the time the crockpot takes. It's eight quarts, and I am pretty sure I'll be using it a lot. I can't help but think how nice it would have been to have way back when, for those busy days of wandering into the kitchen at five o'clock and pulling a package of frozen meat out, running it under water...

Christmas isn't all about the gifts, but I did get some good ones this year! Kathryn got me slippers but too small, so Eveln got new slippers! Abigail got me a nice mug that says, "I love Mom", and some coffee. Molly got me the mug and scarf, and some really good almonds. Paul got me a really pretty ring! And Aaron and Riley sent me this new MacBook!(which is super nice because we got Suzanne a new laptop, so I can pass my old Chromebook to Sonja, and now there won't be all the borrowing...they would need to do homework, and I would pass them my laptop, and not have it when I had a chance to sit down and use it...) And some nice sunglasses! (They really spoiled all the kids this year, too!).

So now Miss Technology is learning to use the MacBook. This is why there aren't loads of Christmas pics up, ha, still figuring that out!

The nice thing is that the kids KNOW they can't use this. I am a sharer, but they are all set now, so this is mine:)
(Camille got a new tablet, so she's all set now too!)

And Samuel and Grace are coming back soon, so it won't be quiet here for long! The kids are on Christmas break, but Paul is back to work, and the older girls are all back to work...

Lydia is here this morning...I gave her a present, a baby Annie doll...

Lydia is a good little mommy!!!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

It sounds like a wonderful time with your family Della. That what it’s all about though isn’t it? You will LOVE your Instant Pot........I have one and use it quite a bit. You can google heaps of recipes and tells you which buttons to use for what. I have a couple of their cook books too. Enjoy! Lydia is just darling with her baby 💕

Marilyn from Canada

Rose Sperlonga said...

Merry Christmas! Looks like you all had a wonderful day! Ours was quiet because we had our Christmas with the grand children on Saturday and it was nice and crazy and perfect! Then yesterday was just bla again.

I love how Lydia is playing with her baby doll. Her and my Caylie would get along well. Cay is a baby doll lover. She got the new Cry Babies and was a good mommy to them , too! :)

On to the new year! :)

Rose