summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, December 10, 2018

monday morning blues NOT!

Sometimes you just look at things totally wrong. For example, on Mondays, I have two small children for the day. This means pretty much zero gets done here, and with one in diapers and one potty-training, with faces and hands to wash after those little snacks, and keeping them from bopping each other while fighting over one particular color Duplo block, and cleaning up playdough...well, I can make the mistake of waking up on Monday morning and being like...ugh.

But. But. IN a totally different prospective, yay! I get to stay today! I am going to get some hugs and snuggles, and hear funny little things said! I get to dry tears and give comfort and bless and nourish these little ones.

Two days 'til the wedding...I am planning to make the cupcakes this evening, and bring them over to Ben and Ashley's tomorrow to frost/decorate...it's so much easier to decorate them onsite, than to transfer them. I'll take lots of pictures, I am excited, because making cupcakes for something special is my thing, but...of course there's that fear that they'll flop!

I still don't know what I'm wearing, or what the little girls are wearing...the other girls all have their own ideas, and they'll be fine. Jon has lots of dress clothes too.

Yesterday we had an excellent birthday celebration for Abigail.


We had pulled pork nachos...Mirielle made homemade salsa, and oh dear were they good! I am not a cheese or sour cream person, so mine looked rather plain, but yum.


The dessert was a nod to Abigail's love for bananas and all things banana, a banana cake with cream cheese frosting...it looked delectable, but I cannot eat bananas, I am allergic to them. It looked so moist and dense and yum, but I had to say no, which I was rather glad about.

We had baby Wulf here to spend the night on Saturday so his mama and papa could have a bit of time away for their two year annivesary...


I don't remember if I put up a pic of Olaf yet...Lydia helped me make him.


On Saturday morning, I went out and about with Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. I tried on this fleece because it was marked down, and it looked comfy...it fit, and I liked it, but then I hung it back up and said I don't need it. My daughters insisted I get it, Sonja said she would wrap it up and give it to me for Christmas. :)


Ah well...Anne will be here in five minutes...Lyd is all snuggled up with me, but time to get up...and maybe have that second cup of coffee...

1 comment:

Carol said...

I have my grand doll 4 days a week and it is generally just me and her to stay busy all day, which means that I play mindlessly all day and like you at times I have to remind myself of the hugs, snuggles, etc that come along with her being here. I also remind myself that her other grandparents are missing out on all of it because they don't come see her.