summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

I had a dream....

...that I had a baby. The birth was quick and painless, and I pulled that baby up onto my chest, and he looked right at me with his newborn eyes, and I knew he was a baby boy without even verifying. He was breathtakingly beautiful, and I had no idea it was only a dream. (although the "quick and painless" thing should have clued me in ha)

Obviously, I am all done having babies, at 53 years old. But oh, I want that baby from my dream!

I think maybe it was Robert.

There has been so much in the news lately about abortion, late term abortion, ect., and it always brings me back to the saddest day ever, when little Robert arrived. I would have done ANYTHING to breathe life into his poor little body. And I simply cannot fathom why anyone would CHOOSE to TAKE life from a poor pure innocent little infant.

Anyway. When we went to Mexico, we took two huge suitcases and checked them, so we only had our backpacks/purses to carry. Most of my stuff went into Mariel's bag, which went to her house. I wasn't anxious to get it back, because, duh, it's winter, and that was all warm weather stuff...then wait! Yesterday, I realized that DUH, I am going to Florida in a few days and all of my summer stuff is still packed in that suitcase at Mariel's place in town!

And, to make it more fun, our washing machine is broken again. Lucky Camille did two loads of her laundry yesterday, then I washed a load of towels, and bang, it started blinking a code, and those soggy towels have taken like three rides in that washer, and it won't spin them. Paul worked on it a bit last night, but it's still not fixed. So, I may have to go to the laundromat tonight.

After I get my suitcase stuff.

So this fine morning, Lydia and Anne are here but it seems quiet because the little family of Margaret, Adrian, and baby Wulf just left. They are flying up to Winnipeg for a week because Adrian's grandma isn't doing well, and stopped here for a few hours because their flight was delayed. Adrian so nicely drove me up to town quick to pick up the red minivan, which is fixed, again, while Margaret held down the fort.

They are on their way now, and the little girls are playing in water. Because yes, I always believe the following: we won't make a mess! I fall for it every.single.time.

So they are quarreling and spatting, each of them having a hard time sharing. There's a Barbie swimming pool and some Polly Pocket dolls, and the battery powered sink with a working faucet. They want what the other one has, and on and on it goes. Anne has an older brother, but Davian is seven, and a sister but Grace is 15, and of course Lydia is an only child, so...they're a work in progress.

So the trials of life will continue as long as there is life, but in the right perspective, that's what they are: trials. We had an incident on our flight to Mexico, where the plane parked and everyone unbuckled and started gathering bags from overhead bins, when the flight attendant announced we were at the wrong gate, so replace the bags, sit down, buckle back up. Oh, the sighing and crabbing! As soon as all were seated again, the flight attendant got back on the microphone and said, okay, this gate has been approved, you can deboard the plane. Well. People were just so upset! I turned to my seat-mates and said, "That was just a test." They looked at me like I was from Mars. It's just par for the course to complain about everything, I guess.

Anyway, it's almost snack time for little girls, then time to lie down for a bit. Lydia spent the night last night and slept in late, so she's not as tired as usual. Anne has been yawning.

Off I go to fix some snacks...

3 comments:

Susan said...

I am pretty convinced that people enjoy complaining. I was once on a cruise and two other couples were seated with us for dinner. They complained on high about every delicious meal, just wasn’t up to their standards. Maybe not really liking to cook makes me quite appreciative!

Anonymous said...

Yes I do think that was baby Robert in your dream...letting you know that he is okay and that he loves you.

16 blessings'mom said...

Susan, the constant complainers shouldn't be allowed to critique via TripAdvisor reviews, they wreck things with their pickiness. I think it's just a habit, or.a way of portraying yourself as better than everyone to find so much fault. I do see it in myself sometimes for sure. But I SO appreciate a meal I didn't have to plan, shop for, cook, and clean up after!!!!

Anonymous: thank you for taking the time to say this, it made my heart happy.