summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

just lovely....



Yes, that is a churro on my brekky plate. I was only going to eat a bite or two, but ahh. I did only sample the donut. And that other plate of desserts was from the lunch buffet. The lunch buffet which had the best pico, and the yummiest tortilla chips. The beauty of it is that the lunch place is open air, 30 feet from where we lounged near the pool. You don't even change your clothes, just put on your sandals and a cover up, and wowza, it's lunchtime.

We went to the bowling alley this evening. There were chicken wings, samosas, popcorn, and lots of other junk. So we just had a snack dinner, then we bowled, and let me tell you, it was hilarious. I didn't do too badly, which is a totes surprise, because I'm so sporty. I got a strike and a few spares, and only a few gutter balls.

The grounds here are gorgeous. The huge iguanas, and tonight we saw an armadillo walk by.

We went to a show for a bit, then worked on a puzzle, then ordered room service for second dinner/snack.

Now it's time for bed, oh we've had a nice time. Too much sun (Marilyn, you are so right about the sun being so strong down here!!!). I was smothered with sunscreen today, and draped a towel around me half the time. We swam in the ocean, played in the waves, saw some really cool fish.

I told Aaron today that I never want to be so spoiled that I don't delight in the little things, and heaven forbid, went to a place as nice as this and complained about things.

The weather here is lovely, just lovely...warm and sunny and breezy and only a bit humid, not uncomfortable at all. I am just loving the warmth.



4 comments:

Allison G. said...

Everything looks and sounds lovely, so glad you decided to bring along your MacBook, I appreciate all the sunny pics! :) enjoy!

Marilyn said...

Della I’m so glad you are having such a good time. How could you not? Yes, the sun IS searing there..........Isn’t the colour of the ocean unbelievable? Enjoy everything........all the food too.........you only live once!

Marilyn from Canada

16 blessings'mom said...

Allison! Hi! I am so glad to know you still read here:). (You should come on a wine tour with us some time...!).

Marilyn, oh ho the sun is so searing! We are having such a nice time, agenda: nada. Lunch...oh, a few tortilla chips with pico, a coffee, a piece of chicken...all in the bathing suit and cover up, then back to the pool...then a swim in the ocean...ahh.

Susan said...

I am loving my virtual vacation!!