summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Is there such a thing as too much sunshine?


You know, I didn't even imagine how warm and sunny it would actually be here. That sounds stupid, but when it's so freezing cold out, you just think well, 85 degrees might still be a little chilly. But...it's not.

And guess who got too much sun the very first day? mmm-hmm. Tomorrow, I'll be using stronger sunscreen and draping a towel over myself. And staying in the shade. I used 30 SPF.


It certainly is lovely here. The breakfast was mmm good, donuts!

I only chose one, and ate half of it. (and enjoyed every bit)(it had rich fudgy chocolate frosting)


I didn't eat the roll, just took a bite. The omelet was good, but my Spanish is non-existent, and the omelet chef put cheese on it, so. Anyway, the grilled tomato, yum.

Lunch was in an open air beach buffet, just a snack, because we had reservations for the Japanese restaurant for dinner. Tempura fried veggies, fried rice, ribeye steak, a radish/lettuce/tomato salad with ginger sauce, and for dessert:

Deep fried ice cream in Tempura batter. The name of the restaurant was written in chocolate.

We worked on a puzzle with Aaron and Riley and ordered room service! Steak and fries and chicken tenders and chocolate cake! We all shared it, it was so fun and yummy.

So tomorrow I'll have a different sort of day, avoiding the sun, but I still want to get in the ocean...oh it was fun, that color aqua, it's unbelievable! And the pools...so many pools, so refreshing. The place is so clean and well-maintained. There are bars everywhere and we keep ourselves hydrated, mostly drinking bottled water, and a few other drinks here and there.

It's fun and relaxing. Have I said that yet?

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh it looks heavenly! All that lushness...........isn’t the food amazing? It’s so easy to burn down there so be careful..........enjoy!!

Marilyn from Canada

Susan said...

Love seeing the beautiful photos, I feel like I am riding in your pocket!
When I read that you were doing puzzles with Aaron and Riley I initially thought that you had found two extra kids to tag along! However, I
now remember that you have a grownup son named Aaron so he must have met you in Mexico!