summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, June 14, 2019

...not going to cry today...



...but then, I already am. Time dulls pain, but it never goes away. 16 years ago yesterday was Friday the 13th of June. It was at a regular O.b. check up at I found out that baby Robert William, 27 weeks gestation, didn't have a heartbeat anymore. I won't go over the whole story again. But when these dates roll around, and I think about him being wrapped tenderly up in that hospital receiving blanket, and wishing with all my heart he would just breathe, I just can't believe that life went on.

Yesterday I ended up with a headache, I think because I took the vacuum cleaner apart to try to unclog it. I think there is a curse between Me-Vacuum cleaners. Oh, the trouble I have! When I wanted to get on from facebook marketplace, Paul said I could, as long as I don't complain about it. What? Me? Rant about how that stupid vacuum cleaner has something stuck somewhere I can't reach? So when this happened yesterday to the newest vac, the sweet unblemished model that was all I had hoped it would be...ugh. I spend over an hour with a broken arrow from Paul's bow, seriously the best vac hose unclogged ever, and a pair of tweezers, pulling out clumps and clogs, but there is still something in there I can't reach. I got out all sorts of screwdrivers and tried to take the beater brush assembly apart to reach it, but wasn't very successful. When I mentioned to Paul that I think my headache started from so much dust from my unclogging endeavor, he just looked at me and shook his head. I wasn't complaining! Vacuum cleaners just hate me! So I just used a different end piece and vacuumed that way.



These pics were taken last night, after nine o'clock! I love the longs days and late sunsets. When it gets really dark, it looks even more cool out there on the deck.

It's a chilly rainy morning, again, and yeah, I love it. I'd love it more if I had absolutely no responsibilities today, and could crawl back into my warm comfy bed with the coffee and a good book. I turned on the little fireplace to take the chill off, and to cozy it up in here a bit more.

Anne will be here soon, and Sonja is home from school. She had only one class amidst several study halls (end of the year!), so considering how much effort it is for her to just get into the school right now, she's just having a long weekend.

I won't blab on about my latest headache, although I will take a moment to be thankful for acetominophen and migraine relief tablets. I don't take any meds unless I have to, and I endured the headache as it picked up steam yesterday, until it was bad enough that I almost tossed my cookies, even though I don't eat cookies anymore. I slept like a log, seriously, but woke up exhausted. Right now I feel like I could just close my eyes and I would be asleep on the keyboard.

But, I have done 30 push-ups, and a few sets of lifts with my handy dandy ten pound weights. It's what I do when I'm waiting for the kettle to boil for coffee, ha.

Tomorrow the kids are all going to an end-of-the-year youth picnic, so Paul and I will be here by our lonesomes, working in the garden, getting a few things done...then on Sunday, lots of the kids are coming over for Father's Day. I'm making pulled pork....


5 comments:

Marilyn from Canada said...

Della......I’m sorry you had such a headache 😥 That is awful, but you seem to have had a rough day all around, so it’s understandable. Just be glad that day is over and today is all new. What’s with the new vacuum?? How frustrating! We just had a big storm go through here, but it was over quick. My husband just managed to get the mowing finished when down it came, accompanied by lightning and thunder 😬 I was in the grocery store so missed it......thank goodness. It was all over when I came out with a trolley full of groceries. Have a lovely weekend!

Marilyn from Canada.

An American Housewife said...


Could you blow it out or suck it out with a ShopVac? Does Paul have one? Or someone you could borrow one from?

As for the headache - I've told ya before but you aren't listening... LOL. Goody's Headache Powder. The 'cool orange' packets that dissolve on your tongue. I never ever ever ever take meds (previously not even for headaches - I'd have a cup of coffee and let the caffeine work on it) but I discovered these on a cross country road trip a couple years ago and I absolutely will take them now. And tell everyone I know about them. LOL.

ShopVac and Goody's.
The End.
:)

Martha said...

I love you, Della.

Carol said...

Oh how I hate headaches. I have woken with one this morning and have no time for it as my daughter and her new boyfriend are coming to work on the kitchen and chicken coop today. It is rainy and I am sure the barometer has changed over night which makes me miserable. Migraine relief is on my list today.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you.

Simone