summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

here comes #8!


Margaret and Adrian are having another baby, little Wulf is going to be a big brother!

Eight grandchildren! See how that worked? For a few years, I had to just stay out of the baby clothes department, because my littlest girls were growing and growing...then, Anya was born! Then Lydia, Elise, Grant, Wulf, Achilles, and Ophelia! :)

Tonight, I am going to the rec center pool to help with Activity Club, the little girls group is going swimming!

I also went to the pool last night, met my friend Angela there. We swam for well over an hour.

After school yesterday, Sonja and Charlotte Claire, Camille and I went to Target. The bathing suits are buy one, get one 50% off. That's not a terrific discount, but if you wait until they're clearance, you don't get matching ones in the right size. So I let them take a bunch and try them on, and find something they feel comfortable in. Teenage girls have a hard enough time feeling good about themselves, so if you can help them by letting them pick out suits they actually like...

Not that they're going anywhere warm soon, they're going to Norway for Easter, brr, but what fun they'll have!!!

Two weeks from today, I'm headed to California, then to Hawaii. I bought a pair of shorts for $1.44, nice baggy Hawaiian shorts, from Kohl's.

The shirt was $4.32.

My legs, oh how lovely. It looks like one of them is on backwards. Oh well, they've carried me through all those pregnancies, and they still work, so I'll never mind how they look.

Molly is here!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Ooooooooooo........another little baby to snuggle 🥰 Lucky you! I love your new shorts! They are very Hawaiian and pretty. We are always so critical of ourselves, aren’t we? I’m quite self conscious about my legs, but really, no one else could care less. I never notice people’s legs or behind or anything......just my own. Stupid really. And nothing is worse than trying on bathing suits!! Wiggle and juggle to get it on and the skinny little sales girl chirps “come out and let us see!” No............!! 😳You must be looking forward to your trip. Where are you going in Hawaii? We leave on Sunday for 5 1/2 weeks in Arizona 🌵🌵Have a great day......

Marilyn from Canada

Rose Sperlonga said...

congrats on the new baby! :) Beautiful!

And going to Cali ! And you are looking like a Hawaiian! :)

Have fun!
Rose