Yes, here I sit in the comfy chair, but not for long! I am heading to Margaret's house to pick up Wulf, Tennyson, and Blythe. Everyone is fine, but one of them may or may not be in the hospital with an infection that hopefully can be treated quickly and efficiently. They deserve to be together in times of trouble, so I'll go get the kids. :)
We came in the door yesterday afternoon after five+ hours on the road, and the girls were making dinner...a spicy peanut chicken dish with rice noodles. Paul made an acorn squash in the air fryer, we had that instead of the rice noodles (although I did have a few of them, yum!). It was so nice to be home on a chilly cozy evening and have dinner with the girls!
Baby Nicole is a fighter! There was some thought that she would need a heart surgery after birth, but the cardiologist team didn't think that was going to be necessary, after an echo. Her little heart is fine and pumping like it should. Her lungs are the issue, she is on an oscillating ventilator and they hope to lower the oxygen level and see how she does. She's a little miracle right now! She is sedated, because that vent is uncomfortable, but when Abigail and I went in to see her, she would suck on the oxygen tube when we talked to her.
I told Abigail that my talking to the dog voice and talking to babies voice is eerily similar, but Nicole didn't mind. She just likes to hear that she is the most beautiful baby ever, and she has lots of hair like her mama, and her daddy is already designing cute t-shirts for her. I told her that so many people already love her. Because we do. The first picture I saw of her, I was in love. This is not fair, that she is so adorable. She has short little arms with pudgy rolls of fat, and tiny little legs and perfect little piggy toes. Her face is so sweet I can't even think about it without crying...I just plain love her.
We don't like to go by numbers or statistics, that is bleak. But God is the one who gives life, and in His goodness and mercy, this child was born in this day and age at a hospital that is incredibly advanced and able to care for these babies who wouldn't have had a chance just a few years ago. The surgeon who performed the cesarean talked to us ahead of time, and said she was praying along with us. How sweet is that?
When she came in after the surgery and said that the baby cried, we all cried.
I know there is a rough road ahead, and there will be dips and curves, and no one knows how long they have here on earth, but that baby is loved, and she has blessed us already.
If Abigail and Derek give permission, I will try to post some pictures of her, but just imagine the cutest little dwarf baby, but with some wires and tubes. You will fall in love with her too. (Also, I do not know if that is still the term used, but she is a little person for sure, and adorable!)
Okay...I have to get moving, you all have a really good day, and be good to one another! Use your time in a good way....:)

7 comments:
Awww, she sounds so precious 💕 Praying for you all
Valerie
Aww, I'm thankful to hear this update and praying for her! I love to hear of doctors that pray too.
Sending love and hugs. It sounds like your family is going through a lot at the moment. Have fun with Wulf, Tennyson, and Blythe.
Aww! It sounds like Baby Nicole is fighting hard.
I wish the little one all the best but NEVER understand why God made her born in a hospital that is advanced but let her be born with heart trouble 🤷🏻♂️
Prayers lifted from Florida, too, Della. Do please keep us posted, as you can!
She miraculously wasn't born with heart trouble, the doctors thought she had aorta trouble and would need surgery after birth . Her little heart was actually pumping more efficiently than they expected. Her trouble is that she has a very small set of lungs in a very small ribcage, as she has a form of dwarfism. Why God allowed this is not something I understand either. Maybe He knows we need more compassion, more faith, more goodness, more acceptance, I don't know. The love I see between my kids for each other, and for this baby is quite special though...
Prayers for your sweet Grandbaby:)
Post a Comment