summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, July 20, 2009

fun in the sun....

This fine photo was taken by Sonja K....she brought my camera on our outing, and took 73 pictures....
Here is Evelyn Joy...her Pushpop looks very safe...oh, the things that go on that I don't realize...


Charlotte Claire....

Sonja K....oh, too bad her Gramma isn't around to see the red hair and freckles...


Today, we went to a strange little store that I really like....we got sprinkles and sprinkles....piggies, cows, hearts, dolphins, teddy bears....and we got candy....big slabs of Hershey chocolate for $2.39....and a big bag of the marshmallows like the ones that come in Lucky Charms....which they are eating now....yum.
Then we stopped at a cool little playground that we never stopped at before....Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille....a little girl asked me if they were all in the same family, if they were all my kids....I told her they were one half of my kids....she asked how many we had all together, and when I told her, she ran over and told her babysitters......who asked me many questions...and suggested that we have a few more so we "beat the Duggars"....okay. Just comparing us to the Duggars made me laugh. I left the house with a load of towels in the wash that just wouldn't spin, our washer is very old and fussy. If I were Michelle Duggar, I would have put a load into each of my FOUR beautiful washers....no, I am not too jealous! I am glad for her. She seems very kind, and I bet her and I would get along just fine.....
Tonight for dinner we had leftover chicken breast that I grilled yesterday....I sliced it up, and put most of it in a glass baking dish with barbecue sauce....then some in another baking dish with hot sauce and butter, stirred it all up to coat it, and baked it in the oven for about 15 minutes while the baked beans with bacon were heating....then we had green beans, and leftover Italian bread turned into garlic bread....oh, and the kids had some pasta....Camille did not like the baked beans. She made a big production of spitting them back out onto her plate. Nice.
I gave Rosie a nice bath after dinner, because the boys are coming home tonight, and I wanted her to be all clean and fluffy....I brushed her out after the bath, which is getting harder...her fur is thick and tangly. And mixed with those little green things from going into the tall grass and woods.....she is a messy slobby dog. But she sticks around pretty well, so I don't tie her up unless we leave.
The boys' flight arrives at the airport at 11:30 tonight. Yay! I wish I had taken a nice long nap this afternoon instead of galavanting all over the place.....but, I didn't. Margaret and Kathryn are 12 and 11, they will make good companions for the ride down there...Sam called me from a payphone in Dulles airport in D.C. to tell me their flight would be later....when I saw the caller I.D. listed as "payphone", my heart dropped....WHAT happened to WHO? I always think the worst first. When I answered, and Sam said, "Mom?" I was like..."What's wrong??!!".....oh yeah, I am calm. Calm cool and collected.
So I think I will have myself a nice hot cup of instant coffee, Nescafe. The only instant coffee worth drinking, and they did NOT pay me to say that....Margaret is making me a cup...


3 comments:

AUTISMOMMA said...

Wow...we must be on the same plane of existence today. LOL You and I both mentioned Michelle Duggar and laundry in our posts today.

Tereza said...

your writing style is so funny!!!:):):)
And those washers(and house and money for all those fancy trips:)....yup I'm not too jelous either:):):):):):):)):):):)

cheryl said...

When I saw that the boys were coming home tonight, I almost had heart failure.. that's how stupid I am.. I thought the girls were coming home the same day, well, I guess they wouldn't wait around for us at the airport for several hours, wondering when we'd pick them up. I bet you'll be up pretty late tonight!
Maybe your washer would like to meet my fridge.. it's doing strange things still, mainly just completely shutting off, now that it's 1 year and 2 weeks old..
Grandma would just love Sonja K..