summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, July 20, 2009

oops, I didn't post yesterday....

No, actually I did write...but it just seemed so mundane...so I didn't post it.

What can I say? It was a Sunday at home. There was no meeting. Paul mowed the lawn, I picked up the yard, and sat with the kids while they played in the sand, to make sure Rosie was nice to them. We went in the hot tub, we had sno cones, we cooked alot of chicken on the grill and froze some.....

So now it is Monday again. My day started out with the saddest thought....I was dreaming about sending Jonathan to kindergarten, which is sad enough, but in my dream, he was going to be going to school from my mother's house, so he could go to the elementary school I went to. I figured, in my dream, that I was always at my mom's house anyway, so it would make more sense if she put him on the bus for me, and I picked him up at her house....(in the dream it made perfect sense).....so, being a dream and all, and seeming really realistic, I was shocked when I woke up (Paul makes too much noise when he gets ready for work) and realized that my mom is gone, the house is gone, all gone. It was almost as if I had heard it for the first time, ouch. Rats.

Yes, Jonathan is going to kindergarten. It makes me so sad. I know he will like it, he is a very social child. But he is also such a trusting soul, I cannot bear to think of kids being mean to him. To me, he is adorable, but will kids laugh at his ears? At the way he walks on his toes? Will he suck his thumb there, and get teased? Besides all that, I don't want to give him up yet. He is the light of my day. He is so funny and sincere and the way he is figuring the world out is SO amusing. He is my 14th kindergartener, and it hasn't gotten any easier....in fact, it has gotten harder....those years home with me go by so quickly....and yet, I just don't know about homeschooling. I want to do it, but the requirements here in New York state are daunting. If I could just teach them on my terms, I would do it in a minute.

So I am taking the kids "bye-bye" today. We have a stack of movies to go back to Blockbuster, and it is a nice day,....I don't know what we will do yet....we are going to clean up the house quick, (ha, quick)....then decide where to go...beach? playground? hmm.......

5 comments:

Debbie said...

I agree with the homeschooling..I am not organized enough to homeschool under the PA law so that stops me right there...have a great day!

cheryl said...

Yesterday I was going through some things and came across the binder where all the grandkids had written something to her, and Abigail wrote to Dad for her, and of course it was very sad for me. I still have those dreams about the house, too. It's like my mind keeps wanting to go back.
I have trouble thinking of Jon in school, too!! But his comments and his observations will be priceless! Can you believe some people support required preschool? I'd guess there are some instances when it's a good idea, but those 1st five years go by way too fast as it is.
Well I hope your outing goes well, I'm sure it will.

Abrahan Hernandez said...

I dont know how to email you that way,,, do u have yahoo messanger? I really do need to talk to you

FLmom7 said...

Yes, New York is a strict state to homeschool in. I can see why it would be daunting with the number of kids you have to educate and keep records for.

Kerry said...

I'm a homeschooler in a "moderate" state, according to HSLDA. It isn't as daunting as it can seem. If you would like to email me privately, I would be happy to help you figure out some easier options to make homeschooling a possibility for your family.