summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I can look all day and not find it....

my camera, that is. Community property, I guess. Benjamin borrowed it. I do not mind sharing. But save me some time and stress, and ask first! Here I am racking my brain, searching my purse and diaper bag and all the other usual keep-away-from-Camille spots...and Ben has it! Which is better than losing it completly, of course.

Today, we are staying home. I felt like my head was spinning this morning, juggling the work I was trying to get done, nothing intense, just throwing in some laundry, sweeping up the floors, counters, feed the kids, puppy in the house, puppy out of the house, changing diapers.....then we went outside for a while. It was very nice out...and then it clouded up and started storming....so in for lunch we came. They are trying to watch a movie right now, but the dvd player is acting up. Why do they make these things so junkily disposable? I would pay like a thousand dollars for them to sit in front of a movie right now, so I can zone out. Camille is in bed, Charlotte Claire is lying down having a sippy cup of pink milk, and I would like to relax....they will just have to figure out something to do. Great, Camille is not going to sleep. Again. She did this yesterday, and she was no joy throughout the afternoon and evening, to put it mildly...I love her dearly, but when she is whining and fussing, it is nerve-wracking. Sleep does wonders to make children happy and agreeable.....and it recharges the mom, too, when the kids nap and rest in the afternoon....

We have no bread. Again. I need to buy extra and freeze it. Or make homebaked. ha. I will just call Paul and ask him to stop on the way home from work. I can't run to the store unless I run with 7 kids....(Abigail brought two of the girls home, Margaret is still there, and Abigail is out to lunch with two of her friends).....maybe tomorrow I'll take them all to lunch somewhere cheap and then get some groceries, again....just bread and milk and fresh fruit and veges...

Summertime. I just love it. The storm has passed, the sun is out, the breeze is ruffling the trees, a neighbor is mowing their lawn.(I love that sound...it just sounds like summer)...I just need a babysitter and a good book. Nah, I am enjoying the kids. But I can be enjoying my kids and love them dearly, and still long for an afternoon of lying on the couch reading while the neighbors mow their lawn, right? As long as I am perfectly aware that it AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN! But I could try....hmm. nah, recipe for disapointment. I COULD start thinking about what's for dinner....nah, it's early yet. I think I might just try the couch thing.....

No comments: