summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, July 2, 2009

pictures pictures pictures....

So today was it's own little blank slate. Mirielle and Mali had to fly out of a city over an hour from here, so Paul took them, along with Kathryn and Evelyn. My nice niece and her daughter had my next three, Suzanne, Sonja, and Jonathan, over for a few hours. That left Abigail, Margaret, Charlotte Claire, Camille, and I....so what did we do? We went shopping! Here is Abigail...
Margaret and Camille...and no, we did not drive like this....we were just having some of our slushies from Target....$1 for any size this week....the lady asked us what size we would like. Hmm. I GUESS we'll have larges....
Charlotte Claire better not think she's ever getting her own again, unless they go on special again....


I took this picture this morning before Mirielle and Mali left...I thought I had all the kids who were home, but - oops- Abigail and Margaret were still jammied and in the living room. And
Ben was still sleeping. Boy, Jonathan sure is a minority these days...






These two wanted to go bye-bye pretty badly.







Mirielle and Mali, world travelers....






Margaret....








Evelyn Joy....her hair was all tangly, and when Mirielle brushed it out, it was poofy...I don't know what is funner, her or Sonja in the back ground.








Camille....









Suzanne has been sewing...here is her purse, and her changepurse....(the clothes pile in the background is now gone, all re-washed, hung up and put away....YAY! For a few days, anyway...










Mali and I went to the Dollar General the other day for a some hair clips....I thought this was neat....heaven shining through....











Here is Jonathan at the airport...that is the plane the boys took for the first part of their journey...they did make it there safe and sound....











Joseph Michael, world traveler....












The traveling boys at the airport...Samuel, 13 (almost 14), Joseph, 18, and Aaron, 16....














Here they are at home, getting ready to go....






There was another picture I didn't put up.....a picture of the boys' suitcase, open....all that was visible was a huge zip-lock bag of candy, and a mini-ampliphyer....I have been so busy, and I am not a micro-manager, although I guess I should be, because Samuel, on Moday morning, right before they were to leave for the airport said, "I need some socks.".....for now? "No, to bring." What? You didn't pack any socks??? hmm. Bad mommy.
Our new normal, for the next couple of weeks seems so strange. At the dinner table tonight: Paul and I, Abigail, Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. Suze wasn't hungry, so she didn't come to the table. So eleven. Benjamin is usually at work by 4, so he hardly eats with us.
When I stopped in the grocery store this afternoon, I felt like I was shopping for such a small family! I kept thinking, six kids across the ocean....the boys ARE big eaters....I mean, last night, I made only 13 burgers to be grilled. And that was with the girls here still. Those boys are the only ones who eat two, so that s six less than usual....
After Paul got home from the airport, I picked the kids up at Katie's, we had dinner....leftover pizza, leftover steak sauteed with onions in wraps with leftover tossed salad, and apple slices. Then Abigail and Margaret left for the youth meeting....and here we are. Paul has the day off tomorrow, and the slate is blank.....










1 comment:

true blessings said...

your children are beautiful and I love to admire the heavens!