summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, July 24, 2009

sorry, I totally forgot...

to say thank you to all of you who left such nice and encouraging comments....it has been on my heart to say thanks, then I forgot when I posted this morning. So, Thank You!!!

Today I ended up going out and about....what happened was kind of funny....Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, and Jonathan share a room. It is small, and it gets messy. Very messy. They decided to clean their room today. They got it clean enough to vacuum, which means lots of stuff is stuffed under the beds. So Evelyn starts asking where the vacuum cleaner is. We didn't use it yesterday...hmm. Last time I used it was to vacuum the camper UH-OH! Did we leave it outside at the camper? Rats. I had been wanting to go get some things at Wal-mart and bring them out to the camper anyway, but was making myself stay home and gets some stuff done here....so, I decided to go to Walmart, and then to the camper....I can't just go to Walmart, I have to check the dollar store, too...they had HonesTea for 6/$1....and it doesn't expire until the end of August. I got three twelve packs. And some more candy for summer conference. And some Hannah Montana tween bras for the girls...(oops, they will kill me for this...but I didn't say which girls, did I?)...then out to the camper, and thankfully the vac was INSIDE the camper.....I was so glad....because it is the beautiful and wonderful Dyson, and if it had gotten rained on, I would be using the old yellow Dirt Devil. . Anyway, I brought a bunch of stuff to the camper, Evelyn, Sonja, and I put it all away, and came back home. Just in time to make dinner, which was tacos, since we still had so much taco meat from last night's taco salad. Black olives, green peppers, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, Vidalia onions, Frank's hot sauce, salsa.....oh dear, do I love food, or what? The best chips that exist, in my humble opinion, are the Tostitos with Lime.....in a taco saldad, oh yum. And I splurged and got a few bottles of Diet Coke to go with dinner. Lots of ice, yum. and so healthy..ha.

The trouble with getting up in the morning and staying busy all day is that when you sit down in the evening, it is almost impossible to get back up. Not that I don't sit down all day, I do, but somehow when it is after dinner clean up, I have no more energy. But it comes from somewhere, because there is still much to do....these kids don't run out of steam for a few hours yet.....

And there is a commotion in the bathroom, so off I go....

No comments: