summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, July 10, 2009

yeah, happy birthday to me!

Here's what I have gotten for my birthday: a nice birthday card from my dear mother-in-law, with one hundred dollars in it. Yay! I think it is so nice that she does that for me every year...it is like the only money that is mine, since I don't work, and since I never actually put those things on ebay that I think I am going to....

Here's what I have done so far on my birthday....gotten up at eight o'clock, came out into a still quiet living room, tip-toed out on to the deck to visit my sweet little Rosie-Boo, had 20 minutes of cuddle and petting time. She is SO glad to see me each morning. She didn't care a bit that I had brought her out some breakfast, she just wanted to cuddle.

Then I got a cup of coffee and a bowl of Life cereal.....and here I am...Sonja is up now, and I hear other voices....one voice in particular that I am ignoring, which is saying, "Get your lazy ........out of that chair and sweep the floor!!! Clean up that popcorn mess on the counter! Start a load of towels!..."....oh, that voice never shuts up. Hey, it's my birthday! The one day I shouldn't feel guilty for sitting here writing and reading when I should be working....

It is supposed to be a beautiful day. I should take the kids to a beach or something.....hey, maybe I will. I was thinking of going shopping with Margaret to help her find a bathing suit....but if I go shopping with Margaret, I also have to take seven other kids with me....and do I want to go bathing suit shopping on a beautiful day?.....

I have been thinking a little about how my birthdays were when I was a little girl. We didn't have much money, and one year, when I was I think ten, my mother offered me the choice of either $10 or a birthday party. I chose the $10.......at K-Mart I bought a jacket, and some Snicker bars, and had at least $4 leftover. I had spending money for the rest of the summer....candy bars were only a dime then, and you could still get penny candy.....

Well, Camille-the-busy-one is up now, so I need to move it...she needs changing and feeding and cuddling....

7 comments:

T.L. said...

Happy birthday to you!!!
Have a great time, no guilt allowed!

Enola said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

true blessings said...

oh well happy happy birthday!!!may God give you 16 more blessings!

FLmom7 said...

Happy Birthday to you, and forget about the work for as long as you can get away with it. ;-)

jess said...

I've been a follower of yours for months and am coming out of the woodwork to say "Happy Birthday!" Your family and life is more interesting than you give yourself credit for. I truly don't know how you do all you do. Hoping you had a happy day!

cheryl said...

I'm here again to say Happy Birthday! I really thought I'd talk to you today, and I called, but Abigail said you were ....
Anyway, I'm sure you had a great day, and remember, it's now a birthday WEEKEND, most definitely, because it falls on a Friday.

Abrahan Hernandez said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.