summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, April 2, 2010

ahh, a new day...

And even though Rosie is a GIANT pain in the neck, I enjoyed taking her out this morning. The birds singing, that misty haze when the sun is so low in the sky, the freshness of the morning air...very lovely except for when she decided suddenly to bolt after a bird....she almost took my arm off.

So.....all the kids are home today. Mali has track practice so Mirielle is driving her. She is bringing Aaron and Margaret, and they are going to work out in the gym, then they are going to the beach. Emily is picking up Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, and Jonathan and bringing the on a hike to a cool waterfalls. Samuel is at his friend's house. (his friend has 14 kids in his family, 11 still at home)(and yet they welcome Sam)(so cool)....I don't know if Abigail is going to beach or waterfalls. And Joseph is staying home, and Ben is probably working this afternoon. So that leaves me with the two little girls. I am hoping Miss Camille is sunnier than she was yesterday. She can be pretty unreasonable. Last night though, she was on my lap, all cuddly, and I told her she was my baby. No, she said, the TREADMILL is your baby! and on and on with each object she thought of.....and I would say, NO, YOU are my baby.....cuteness, just cuteness.

Suzanne, Sonja, and Jonathan are now up, Jon is playing fetch with Rosie. Suze is reading the ToysR'Us ad.....and Sonja is just sitting here looking out the window. I had my coffee already, and a pumpkin muffin. I doubt I will have a relaxing day, but that is not the goal of my life anyway. Although it DOES trip me up sometimes! In fact, just for the heck of it, I shall write some of my goals for the day:

1. Take the two little girls to ToysR'Us....ha, I don't really think I will...but they have a good sale, I LOVE toys, and I have three coupons.

2. Eat healthy. Lots of fruit and lots of veggies.

3. Go for a walk. Preferably not with the dog AND the kids.

4. Be unselfish.

5. Practice thinking before speaking.

6. Sweep and Mop.

7. Wash a load of towels, at the very least...oh wait, there is a small mountain of bedding I should start on, so I can hang it out to dry.

8. Get some sun! It is supposed to hit high seventies or even eighty today, with plenty of sunshine....

9. Clean out the van? blah...

10. Have fun with the two little girls.

11. Really sincerely live before God and hear what He has to say to me.

Actually, number eleven should be number one. They are not written in order of importance at all. Just randomly. Random should be my middle name.

And now I should start that bedding.....

2 comments:

mommeeof10 said...

Yesterday there were so many things I thought I would do, but the day got away from me, the kids wanted to play outside instead of helping clean and mommy was getting very cranky and unreasonable. So I took a nap with the baby and did not finish much. I advised the big kids that I wanted them to sort the clean laundry mountain on the didning room table and get it cleared off, or I would not be making Easter dinner tomorrow. I hope they listened, I'll be home from work an hour early tonight, as it is Rosalie's first birthday. Anne is making her a cake. I guess we are having hamburgers, as there is not a lot in the freezer and hubby does not get paid until wednesday.

16 blessings'mom said...

Wow, I can't believe Rosalie is one already!!! I told my kids to wash out the easter baskets from last year, they get yucky being in storage...and they haven't done it yet. Hmm...will I end up doing it, or I stand firm in my threat that if they don't get washed they won't get any candy...? Yes, I will wash them.