summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

crazy in here...

I don't know why it is so crazy, there are only 14 people in this living room. The two little girls are tired, and Charlotte Claire has been on the Sit n Spin for so long she is dizzy. I am glad she is done, it is noisy. Some of the girls have two dollhouses set up, Sam is reading the weather out loud, Jon is telling me about his headache, about why he had to be picked up from school today. Camille wants me. My computer is broken. It will not turn on. Joseph thinks it is a virus, Paul thinks it is broken where the power cord goes in. I don't know, but it makes me a bit sad. I am writing this on Paul's laptop.

Today...wow. Going, going, going. From the bank to here to Target to Price-Chopper to Aldi to home, where I made pork chops and salad, and we had bread and butter and strawberries with angel food cake and Cool-Whip.

At the grocery store today, it was tear-water tea. The cashier found out that I have eleven daughters (because I was buying lots of headbands and hair elastics, on sale of course)....and she sadly told me that she is thirty two and has ZERO children. She said her dream daughter is named Emily Elizabeth. My Emily had taken Charlotte Claire and Camille outside, and came back in to see if I was finished yet. When the cashier heard me call my daughter "Emily", she said to me, "You have an Emily?" Like NO FAIR. I felt very lucky and undeserving. The cashier said she has three cats. I felt so bad for her. She obviously isn't playing with a full deck, and I say that in a purely observant way, no critiscism intended at all. In fact, I would like to adopt her and just be good to her and take her into my family. The world is too cruel for some people, and it is sad.

Now I have to put these kids to bed.

No comments: