summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

being tested....

Rosie has been sick. She is better now, but oh-my-goodness....yesterday and last evening she had the"runs"....I had to take her out to the woods every hour or so....then after I took my shower and got in bed last night, and was almost asleep, she started whining and barking in her cage....I let her out, and watched her from the deck...she went potty, then she took off down the road. It was past midnight, it was all dark and quiet, then the neighbor's dog started barking, and the neighbor's lights turned on, and I had to get my coat on and go get her. rrr. Back in the house and back in her cage she went...and then she woke me up again an hour later.....it was another short night. And I woke up to a very special surprise. Benjamin had taken her out again, and left her out of her cage....and she pooped over by the door, not very much, she was trying hard to hold, dancing and whining, and walking in the poop.....I had to clean it all up, lucky me. rrr. I really wnted to take it right, and I was thankful for foaming bathroom spray, and for paper towels....then I just started crying. It took 45 minutes to clean it up..so that was how my day started.

It got much better from there. Emily and Abigail came over and we sat in the sun and we drank Diet Coke and the kids ran around and rode their bikes all over the yard and just plain relaxed. Emily had to go to work, so Abigail, Samuel, Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, Camille, and I went out for soft ice cream...then to the library, where we got three tall stacks of books.

The two little girls were getting tired out....they napped nicely, so we went ahead with our going-to-the-pool plans....I prepared dinner (hamburger stroganoff and green beans) before we left, and we ate when we got home at eight o'clock. Sonja is learning how to swim, and the littler ones like to jump into the water....we stayed in the water for an hour, and now I am suficiently tired.

Tomorrow Mali doesn't have track practice, so I don't have to be out the door by 8:45 am, but I still have to get up and take Rosie out. She is very lucky she is cute.

Now it is popcorn/American Idol time....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

((HUGS)) My dog is testing me too... or allowing me to be tested...or something. Sometimes I wonder if she is too much and we need to find her a new home, or if the whole point is that I REALLY learn patience. Nothing can make me as mad as she does. = /

cheryl said...

If it's not one thing it's another! I miss you! But you look way too busy to miss me..