summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, April 18, 2010

undies???no more diapers??

This little girl likes to use the potty. She has been taking off her own diapers, peeing in the toilet, then putting the diaper back on, all by herself. Today she wore a pull-up all day, and when I asked her if she wanted to poop on the toilet, she ran right in there....I was still sitting at the dinner table with some of the older kids, and she came running into the kitchen, all excited...oh my goodness...she had pooped AND wiped herself!!! Lovely. Good thing she's so cute!!


Friday when the kids were home from school, they played playdough....


Samuel hugging Rosie....


Suzanne was the cashier at their store....Jonathan is so cute in his polar bear jammies...




They don't get bored....


Margaret and Kathryn melted some Easter candy to dip pretzels in....








Kathryn

I like those chilly gloomy days when the kids leave their jammies on and play and pretend and just wile away the hours.....
Today they got plenty of playing outside in, it was sunny and warm-ish. Near sixty, and breezy. We had 14 of the kids for dinner tonight. Benjamin went off with his cousin, and Aaron is in New Mexico. Emily doesn't have to work tonight, so she came over, and Abigail came home from work with Joseph, and stayed too. We had ham and mashed potatoes and veggies and cranberry sauce, and: Godiva chocolates. Abigail brought them home from work. Oh My Goodness. Why is chocolate so good?
Tonight, Emily is taking Kathryn, Evelyn, and Suzanne home with her to spend the night. Jon and Sonja are bummed, but they'll be okay.
I am going on a small trip in a few weeks, to Connecticut. Our 11 - 16 year old soccer team has been invited there for the weekend. There are around 15 kids, and only two drivers in two cars...so I am going to drive the big van. A big van full of young kids on a long road trip....yay! Actually, it sounds fun to me. I just have to behave myself.
Vacation isn't going to be as relaxing as I had hoped, as far as busy-ness goes....I have an outing tomorrow already, then I am buying the food for a memorial feast next weekend for an older sister in our church who passed away. So that makes two days that I can't just spontaneously take them on an outing.
The job market is tight around here. Benjamin is going to be trained for the U.S. census next week. It is a temporary job, but it is something. Abigail is trying to get hired at the local hardware store, but is way overqualified. She doesn't get enough hours where she is. A four year degree in accounting, and.....she is giving away samples at Sam's Club.
I continue to have my "newborn" dreams. Then I read about the woman in Florida who was expecting twins (no fair), was 15 weeks along, and one had Down's Syndrome. She decided to have that baby terminated, but the dr. botched the job and inserted the chemical filled needle into the wrong child, and killed the one the lady wanted to keep. He subsequently was suspended, and declared he wanted to kill himself, and was involuntarily hospitalized. The next week, the woman aborted the Down's Syndrome child. I don't know where to start here with my outrage and disgust. I wonder if the dr. realized the horror of the job he was doing. If it came crashing down on him. As for the woman choosing to do this murderous thing, I just cannot comprehend it, but needless to say, I was shocked. I WOULD HAVE TAKEN THAT BABY!!! rrrrrRRRRR. AND wah.








7 comments:

Tereza said...

Abortion is sickening but when it comes down to choosing one child over another it's even worse......I too would have taken both!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Playdough is well loved around here too:)

Mike and Katie said...

i remember stories of a newborn being stabbed and another being thrownn in the river while we were waiting to adopt. it so horrible and what a waste if precious life.
i can imagine your baby being potty-trained is bitter sweet.

Martha said...

"Aaron went to New Mexico..."

This is what caught my eye. I love, love, love New Mexico. I am jealous (but not coveting...). It has been almost four years since we visited family in Albuquerque. I miss them... and the green chiles too.

(My oldest was born in New Mexico.)

Martha said...

I hate abortion. It makes me sad. This woman (and the "doctor") must have known the risk when agreeing to the procedure.

16 blessings'mom said...

Martha, Aaron is visiting friends who live in Albequerque! I have never been there...Paul and I considered going there when we took our little trip, but Jamaica won.

FLmom7 said...

Oh, that abortion story is horrible. It makes me think of my next-door neighbors- they have a set of boy/girl twins and the little girl has Down Syndrome. She is so sweet and smart (you can barely tell she has DS except that she looks and speaks a little different), it breaks my heart that people do not realize the potential in a person with Down Syndrome. It's just so sad...

Martha said...

My husband did most of his growing up in Albuquerque (his dad was in the air force) and we lived there for six months after we got married.