summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

sadness....

Today I met an old man. He tried to engage Miss Charlotte Claire in conversation, but she had just been taken out of the car-cart she was sharing with Miss Camille Anaya, for fierce fighting. That constant antagonizing that goes on sometimes, when they seem to just want to fight. So this old man didn't get much from Miss C. C., so he started talking to me. Here is his story......he has no grandchildren. Four kids, none of them had kids. He was married for 62 years to the same woman, his one and only, he said. She died recently of pancreatic cancer, and he missed her. Poor guy, I am guessing he must be at least 80, if he married at 18....he was SO lonely. He just stood there for a bit and talked about cell phone laws/driving laws and how it was okay for kids to be shy......

I wish I could have done something more for him.

Is it not sad, the lonlieness in this world?

7 comments:

Darla said...

Sigh! So good to catch up with you again! :) I've been busy just surviving my first trimester so haven't been around "visiting" too much.

All I can say after reading all your posts is I just wish you were my neighbor! I would love visiting with you over a cup of coffee! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with that so much.. loneliness is the real poverty of our world.

16 blessings'mom said...

First trimester Darla? What? Congratulations! And, the lot next door IS for sale...but I don't think you would really like to be our neighbor. Between the barking dog and all the cars we own, with the older kids, and the kids running around...

Darla said...

Just the type of neighbor I would love to have! With our family of 9, going on 10, I think we're not only outgrowing our house, I think we're outgrowing our neighbors who have some kids our older kids ages but have only 2 or so and have already passed that stage of little ones...they are ready to move on to beautiful lawns and peace...to no avail! We keep it lively. :)

Oh, P.S., I dreamt last night that I came to visit you and it was SO fun...your bigs kids were just like my older nieces and nephews, just lovely, your little kids just like mine. But, we didn't even have a cup of coffee!!! :)

true blessings said...

We can pray for that man...I love reading here!

mommeeof10 said...

Hubby would love to live in NY state again, but there are not a lot of jobs near his mom's house in Harpursville, near Binghamton. I could not live in his mom's house without major renevations done. It has been closed up so long there is mildew/mold on the basement walls. I react very badly to stuff like that and I know he would not pay to have it repaired, thinking that we would suddenly have the time and expertise to fix it ourselves. :)

My parents love the Herkimer area, where they moved 7 years ago. It is a long drive from here to there, like 430 miles. It takes forever, with the kids who want to stop at every rest area and the little ones who hate their carseats. There is a reason we like travelling after dinner time, when every one is fed and getting tired. They fall asleep and the drive seems much shorter.

Joni said...

Darla actually wants to move and be my neighbor! :-) Make that international move, Darla! Della will surely come to Finland for a visit if you and I live next door and brag about the delicious Finnish chocolate and the fabulous coffee! Heh!