summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, April 3, 2010

out with ten kids....

This is what we brought home...a new dollhouse. I had some coupons, and the toy store was having a sale: buy a FisherPrice toy over $24.99, get one for $24.99 or under free. So they put their Christmas money together and got this, and a doll stroller free. (which I will put away for a birthday, or a rainy day...) It was really hot when we got home, so I let them crack out the little pool...I think this might be the earliest we have done this....Charlotte Claire, Jonathan, Sonja, Suze behind her, and Kathryn.
Camille does not think Kathryn should be on HER slide.




Evelyn Joy and Suzanne....

In the toy store....keep dreamin', Camille!





Two cute little girls.


Kathryn wonders: Jacob or Edward? She wasn't buying, just playing.
Sam is 14 now, but he still likes toys. When we pulled into the parking lot, he was excited, saying he hadn't been there in years. I like the way Jon looks up to Sam. Sam and Jon looked around at the boy toys by themselves.


Happy little Camille


















Margaret Cheryl and Charlotte Claire




Jonathan and Bob The Builder




Charlotte Claire and Mickey Mouse



Margaret in the back holding Charlotte Claire, Sonja and Suzanne, Kathyn holding Camille, Evelyn, Mali, Sam in the back, and Jonathan in the front....









And now we are home....the kids are cooled off....the house is quite messy....Paul and the older kids are at the dome, again, doing concessions for a lacrosse game....and here I am with the ten youngest. It is almost dinner time...we had eleven dollar menu sandwiches, and 4 large fries, in the van for lunch on the way home....Mali doesn't eat anything from McDonalds anymore, on principal, she says, but Sam rode shotgun and talked me into letting him get two. So....unhealthy lunch, and it is too warm to bake our usual pizzas...plus Camille just loves Mommy right now....hmm, what is for dinner? Could the cook please begin preparing our dinner? I would like grilled chicken fajitas with olives, peppers, tomatoes and lettuce, please. And some homemade macaroni and cheese for the little ones. And they would eat some green beans too. Then some frozen yogurt sundaes. Hmm, perhaps I should take us to the Chinese buffet? Nah, too expensive.....
















5 comments:

AUTISMOMMA said...

I'm so jealous! You are getting the hot weather we just had here yesterday. Yesterday I had the AC on and today I'm wearing a sweater with the heat running again and thinking soup sounds good for dinner.....and definitely NO kiddie pool for us today. WAAHHHH!!!

AUTISMOMMA said...

Also, I meant to ask....I just finally got caught up last night on reading your blog and I am a bit confused. Did Ben decide on the Army? Or the Navy? One day you mentioned something about the Army and then a few posts after that you mentioned something about the Navy so I wasn't sure which.....or is he still going between the two himself on which he wants?

16 blessings'mom said...

Ben wants to join the Navy, but they are pickier than the Army.
The Army will accept his unofficial college transcripts, the Navy won't. Since he doesn't have an official high school diploma, he is being treated as a high school dropout, which the Navy won't accept. He only has eleven official credits, and the high school cannot find his quarterly reports from homeschooling. Nothing is ever cut and dry with Benjamin. But we are working on it. And: the weather tomorrow is supposed to be cooler, but still 65. Today was in the upper eighties...just lovely. Some of the kids were less than thrilled that I dragged them shopping...

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter!! :)

mommeeof10 said...

It's been very warm here for the last few days and is forcasts to get to the upper 80's later in the week. The pollen levels are so high that when I opened the windows, we all started sneezing and itching. I can feel the pollen hit the back of my throat when I breath in outside. I broke out in hives after taking my allergy and asthma medicines just walking accross the parking lot into work. Time to install the window ac's? I think we need to buy one new one, as one quit last year. Oh well, costco has them for a decent price and should still have some after we get our tax refund.

My oldest daughter wants to join the Navy, though I do not know if they will take her. She gets sick a lot and also gets migraines frequently.