summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, April 15, 2010

cinnamon toast and orange juice

Having cinnamon swirl bread in the house makes breakfast easy, especially on days like today when we are all running a bit late. I don't know if it was that I let them stay up later and watch most of American Idol, or just the gloomy cloudiness, but they were dragging. Sonja literally couldn't walk at one point, her legs and feet hurt and I just don't understand how much it hurt to walk, apparently. She really did not want to go. But, she got her cute little pair of skorts on and her tights and her pink shirt and I brushed her curly tangles into a pony tail, she ate her toast and made it out the door. Jonathan gave himself a shower, not because I didn't want to, but because he is that kind of kid, the kind who likes to do things by himself. He got ready very happily this morning, which helped Sonja. Actually, he started out complain-y but at some point he must have realized how he was being, and he ran over and hugged me and said he was sorry for being bratty. Suze didn't mind going too much, she was happy that the toast was cinnamon without raisins.

I totally understand how they feel this morning. I woke up with the same headache I went to bed with last night. My head feels a bit stuffy, which makes me dizzy. So as I got dressed, I had to really pray for patience and to be able to be good, even though I felt like staying in bed. In fact, after I woke up and started to get out of bed, I closed my eyes again briefly and was dreaming that it was okay to sleep in...anyway, I am up now, drinking coffee, and enjoying the peace and quiet of just Miss Charlotte Claire playing dollhouse. She has no one to fight with, and she is in her own little world. She asked me first thing this morning if we could go bye-bye with Danielle again today. No, not today.....

Jonathan sat on the arm of my chair last night, after his two little sisters had been tucked into bed, and enjoyed some snuggling. He said, "Mommy, you should have another baby...." Poor child.... He wants to go to school on Grandparents Day because his teacher told him it will still be fun, and he believes her. He is too young to remember his gramma and grampa, sadly. He was only two when Gramma died and two and a half when Grampa died. But Sonja and Suzanne and Evelyn remember them. My mom has been gone for almost four years, and Suze still wears her old nightgown. I wish I had saved more of her things. wah.

Okay, this kind of day is way too suitable for crying, and I don't need that today. I miss Aaron already. He left yesterday for New Mexico and will be back next week. It just seems wierd to have him gone. I hope none of my kids decide to move far away someday. I hope they all just settle around here, no more than 45 minutes or so away. Life is too short to spend it missing people.

Camille is up now, sitting with me, telling Charlotte Claire to stop singing.....hmm, was it me who thought when people ONLY had two kids they had it easy? ha.

It is a busy season, this spring. I have a nephew getting married AND having a baby soon after(wedding and shower), another nephew and his wife expecting a baby (baby shower), some friends getting married in May (wedding shower too), plus the soccer tournament and a May church conference and a soccer weekend in Conneticut which I may drive the big van for.....I don't know if we'll get our garden in this year or not. Mirielle and Mali really want to. We haven't had one in years because we always seem so busy in the springtime. But this just might possibly be the year.

My computer is giving me trouble. I have a brand new power cord, but where it goes into the computer is shot, so any movement at all cause the connection to fail...it is only 24% charged....

Is it a bad dream or did I really read that it is legal to get an abortion up to 24 weeks gestation? I think I read of reformers protesting that because of fetal pain....well, duh!!! My baby Robert was just over 24 weeks, and he was a fully formed tiny little precious baby. How in God's name can anyone possibly think this is decent and humane? Of COURSE they feel pain....do these people think that nerves form AFTER birth? My goodness. Sometimes I wonder how God holds back wrath. A lot of things that happen are due to just plain ignorance or carelessness, but some things are just pure evil. Ugh. Anyways....I am rambling again.....

1 comment:

Mary Kate said...

Just the title of this post made my hungry!!

The whole thing about babies feeling pain in utero struck a cord with me, too. "Duh" is exactly right. What I struggle with is the knowledge that just as God loves me in all my imperfections and sins, so, too, does He love the people that do these unspeakable things. They are His children too. I am trying to pray for them, for the conversion of their hearts. So difficult...