summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Miss Mali is okay....

It is a huge coincidence. She has always had an abnormal heart rhythm, according to Dr.K., a "benign" condition. Thankfully, I might add. The sudden pain that began the other night after running six miles is still a mystery, but it is probably a muscle. Or perhaps a fractured rib, he suggested. He wants to see her in three months to do a treadmill-test, to see how her heart responds when it is going fast, but he is pretty certain that she is okay. Rest and ibuprofen, he said. This means probably no cross-country sectionals this Saturday, sectionals are the apex of the season, but....I am SO thankful that she is okay. A few times during this I thought, "oh no, here we go.....a real trial here...." I told Mali some of the things that passed through my mind, and didn't say to her until after were out of the hospital and on the way home (or...um, well...Target, to be exact)....none of them pretty...although I had HOPED it would turn out okay.

We did have a nice day together, though, Mali and I. We got to drive to the big city as the sun came up, gleaming through the trees at the frosty swamps and tall grasses along the thruway. We got to take a "fun" way home, the way with Target along the way. We got some really cool things for Christmas in Target, and Mali found a nice new sweater for 75% off. I got Camille a princess doll because this coming Sunday she is turning three years old. wah. My baby, three years old. She IS a little princess, too. I just love her to pieces.

One of the things we talked about a few times, Mali and I, was that she thinks I should have another baby. We heard that lovely delicious newborn cry, and turned to see a lady, who probably thought we were a couple of nutcases, holding a small baby boy. I wonder now if perhaps we were actually drooling, standing there looking. My arms were aching, I know that. I wanted to tell that mommy to enjoy every minute of it because it goes by speeding fast.......anyway, Mali really wants me to have one more baby. She also suggested twins. What can I say? I would like that as much as you would, Mali.

But for now my two little monster-princesses are having some brownies that School-Skipper-Evelyn made....Rosie is kindly catching all the crumbs. Thank you so sincerly to everyone who prayed for Mali....I am much relieved. (I don't think she was as relieved as I was...I wanted to jump and dance, because I really thought....well, anyway, I wanted to jump and dance. She is young and optimistic, and bummed about not being able to run in sectionals....)

7 comments:

Tereza said...

phew...glad she's ok!

FLmom7 said...

I'm so glad to hear that all is fine for now, and I will pray that she will continue to be.

Martha said...

Cross country sectionals... Is everyone going to GCC? My little Emma and her mommy will be there as her mom is the couch at the high school here, and probably my nephew who lives in Canadaigua. He will be running too... I have never attended a sectional meet and I can't run worth a lick. So glad Mali is okay.

Eighteen said...

So pleased she is Ok. xx

Mary said...

Praise God!!!!! I am so glad she is okay!!! Those moments of not knowing sure do have a way of putting your head in a bad place. I am so glad that God is in control and watches over our children better than we ever could. He knows them inside and out.

Thank you Lord for Mali's health. Please continue to watch over her and her heart.

Thank you so much Della for letting us know about Mali. She will continue to be in my prayers.

Karen said...

My daughter also wants twins...girls to even things up. :-)

Martha said...

Kate says you are in a different section. I guess your people won't be running with any of mine.