summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, November 19, 2010

snow already? mittens, hats, boots?

Hard to believe I was just sitting in this chair soaking up the sun, a few days ago.... The pear tree looks so sad and lonely...the pears were delicious this year..I wish I had done something with all the ones we didn't eat.

Snow on the van.

Snow on the deck....




Abigail joined us for stew and Heart Biscuits...(I rolled out the Bisquick biscuits). I asked the kids at the table if they knew why I chose the heart-shaped cutter. Suze was the winner. She said, "it was the only one you could find, and you love us all." Abigail had things to do on her computer after dinner, so Camille got some crayons and got busy right next to her. Why she had her bathing suit on is beyond me.




Mr. Jonathan.....in my chair.
Miss Sonja K., also known as Ginger. I told her this morning as I brushed her tangly hair that if anyone ever teases her about her hair, it is for one of two reasons....
1. They are jealous because the color is absolutely beautiful.
2. She is so pretty they can't think of one other thing to tease about.
This pleased her immensely. She is a sweetie pie, but being the last girl in the five-girls-in-a-row, followed by Jonathan, she sometimes acts rather babyish, and not so endearing....she needs extra love and attention.


And this Wii-Playing Kitty....this four year old girl LOVES to play Mario Cart.



Sam with General Thunder. It is hilarious because this kitty with the tough-guy name hardly even shows his face in the living room because he is terrified of Rosie. General Thunder hangs out in Joseph's room.




The girls got crazy silly when they were dismantling the couch monster. Suze put like twenty socks on one foot.....






Kathryn and Suze with Miss Camille


Kathryn and Camille....the hair cut is just AWFUL.






















They all went to school except for Mali Rose....she gets to have four wisdom teeth pulled today. Her appointment is at one o'clock. The plan: Stay up really late and get up at noon, because she needs to have an empty stomach. Well, around one in the morning, as I sat with her while she watched, "Lord Of The Rings", I realized that while she gets to sleep as long as she wants, I still have to be up in the morning...blah.
Sleep is lovely and delicious, but such a waste of time....
Emily Anne is coming over around eleven-ish to help make pies. Mirielle is stopping for some apples from the AppleLady on her way home from college. We shall have pumpkin and apple, and perhaps some chocolate. I really wish I didn't have to leave to take Mali right after Emily gets here....but I do.
Dental surgery is gross, but I hope Mali feels better when she heals up. Her jaws have been aching for a while now. The surgeon's secretary called yesterday to let us know how much it was going to cost....she said, "Good news! Your insurance is covering so much, you only have to pay $434!" Wow, I thought, if that is GOOD news, ......But Mali is worth every penny. I hope she doesn't read this. I wouldn't want her to feel bad. I remember when I was a teenager, I used to get frequent severe headaches, and my mother brought me to the dr....I had lots of tests done, and knew darn well how expensive it was....I don't want my kids to ever feel bad about these things, it is only money and it IS written to seek His kingdom first, and all these things will be added to us....
Sometimes I think that no matter how much money we have, things break and happen to use it up......last week we paid over $600 for a wheel bearing and new brakes on the minivan. The pediatric cardiologist bills, and Ben's plane ticket home from Oklahoma, and on and on....I am not complaining, just sayin'.
I DID go on a really fun shopping trip to B.J.'s yesterday after my eye dr. appointment (which was a huge waste of time....blah....I will spare the boring details, but he didn't do anything for me)....anyways, I called Benjamin while I was in there shopping (because I thought he had called me), and told him I was having a great time all by myself....no one to apologize to for taking so long, no one to tell me not to buy something or to ask me to buy something....but also no one to run back and get something for me...so I told Ben that I kept asking strangers to go get things for me....
I got Christmas presents there, and it feels nice to get started. I got something for Aaron, and for Samuel, and for Joseph, and two little princess Barbies for the little girls...(there was a coupon for a free one if you buy two boxes of cereal for$6.99 each) (so I bought four boxes...Sam thought he had died and gone to heaven when he saw all those AppleJacks and CornPops....) (Paul calls him CerealSam).....
Christmas is NOT just around the corner, but we are going on our trip in between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so when we get back, it will be only a few weeks away....stores are crowded then, and the kind of bargains I like to get are harder to find.
Here is a list of the things I hate.....
1. I hate getting my period. I hate hate hate it. I don't know if it is my age, or having so many babies, but the first few days are HORRIBLE! If I could choose, I would stay home, but one cannot cancel dental surgery for this reason....blah. And of course each month it arrives, it whispers, "No new baby!"...but this is progress....I am coming to terms with it, it used to SCREAM, "NO NEW BABY!"......
2. I hate cold feet. I have been wearing Emily's old Crocs, which she gave to Margaret, but they are not doing the job this morning. I think I just need to go to Walmart and buy some slippers.
3. I hate waste. If you don't want more, don't take more. If you take more, eat it!
4. I also hate making the kids eat when they say they don't want it. I remember sitting at the table when I was a kid, all alone,with cold potatoes and gravy in front of me...blah.
5. I hate unthankfulness. If I could eradicate it in my kids, I would.....I certainly do my best to get them to be thankful.
6. I hate when the kids contradict me and argue about everything. I have to keep my wits about me not to argue back.
7. Because I hate arguing!!!
Well the good news is that I am running out of things I hate!
Now, the things I love:
1. Camille in the morning, in her fuzzy blanket sleeper....
2. Hearing the awful things they did when I was gone...yesterday, they took off all their clothes, got into the tub, and soaped up, then told Mirielle they needed to be rinsed.... they also played "store" again, and I came home to canned goods and cereal all over the coffee table and couches....
3. Knowing what is for dinner on any given today. Unfortunately, today is not one of those days.
4. When Emily comes over! She just walked in, and it is like sunshine!















No comments: