summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

what was i thinking?

I don't think I should write posts when I am tired...forget anything you might have read about my tummy, I was just kidding, it is nice and firm, almost a sixpack, my abs.

We are listening to Barbie Christmas songs, I just may go around the bend. blah. The living room is all picked up and mopped, again, because Rosie-The-Bad-Dog came in all wet. Charlotte Claire doesn't have a stitch of clothes on, and is playing Wii. She just took a bath with Suze. I just sent her to get at least undies on. Jon is playing with his Hess trucks.

We usually get our tree two weeks before Christmas, but this year I think we should get it early. That involves...

1. Getting one of the boys (or girls) to drive up near the lake where the good trees grow, and cut one down. (after paying for it, of course)

2. Rearanging the whole living room to put it into it's traditional corner. I suggested just putting it in a different place, and one would think I suggested canceling Christmas altogether.

Or we could just wait until we get home from vacation.

Paul asked me if I was going to talk about The Wedding the whole vacation. I said perhaps we should dedicate one whole day to it and not mention it the rest of the time.

I can feel it getting it bigger, the wedding. I need to talk to Paul, who is in Boston, and hopefully Ben before he isn't allowed to phone anymore, and decide who exactly we are inviting. It is already not in the living room anymore.....but at our church meeting hall.

I have bid on a set of train track for Jonathan so his train goes in a complete circle. He doesn't understand how ebay works, so he is going bonkers asking when the people will answer me. He needs something to be obsessed about. He got his Hess truck, now it is this track. He thinks he needs to set it up around the tree, and we shouldn't put any presents out until Christmas morning.

I am trying to pack for our trip. Every single time I go in my room, there is a calamity out here, usually quite minor, but within a few minutes I am joined by some of my fans in my room. I am trying to start early because I know this happens. I like to be prepared for everything just in case, because I know just as certain as I know that when my hair is dirty I will be heading to the emergency room, that if I don't bring imodium we will get horrible diarrhea. So I need ibuprofen and pepto-bismol, and aloe in case we get sunburn, and mosquito repellant, and of course something for the bites if we get them. And since I like my clothes until I try them on and see how I actually look in them, I don't have anything I really like, so I have to bring lots of options. Last year I only wore about a tenth of what I packed, but do I learn? I just wish I had been much better behaved these last few months, or rather years, as far as the donuts and treadmill sessions go.

Well, my dear little children need to be tucked into bed....Paul isn't here, and the big kids are still all at the basketball game, Margaret is doing homework in her room, Sam is in bed, so it is just Kathryn and Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille in here.

2 comments:

Martha said...

I have a six pack too. :)

I bid on a Fisher Price fire station, one of the old ones, but I lost. :(

16 blessings'mom said...

Ooh, an old fire station. Now THAT sounds fun! I wish I had collected F-P stuff more back when it was a dime a dozen, and I wish I had kept more careful track of the little people....