summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, November 19, 2010

warm and crazy, and pain for Mali....

Miss Mali just had all four wisdom teeth removed....apparently, they were quite deep.....the dr. said he had to "dig"....blah. Poor girl. I got her a milkshake on the way home, and stopped at the drugstore for some prescription pain relievers....it took the standard 15-20 minutes, so while I enjoyed browsing around the store, I was conscious of poor Mali sitting out in the van...but she really needed the meds, and didn't want me to bring her home first....

This was my second excursion out and about today....when Emily came over this morning, she had to go get an oil change and stop at Walmart.....so I got the little girls dressed quick, and went with her in her little car....I finally got some new red slippers....it was nice to spend some time with Em.

Anyway, when I came home with Mali after her surgery, the kitchen was humming....they are making pies. Emily is also making a pot of chili for dinner. There are fifteen of us here right now, and it is too cold and damp to go outside. So it is noisy, and a bit loud. Jonathan is all excited because his nice big sister Emily told the kids that "whoever wants to" can spend the night at her house tonight. I am amazed at the pie production in that kitchen. Can it be possible they can do this without me? The nice thing is that is peaceful in here....

4 comments:

Martha said...

Noisy and loud... that makes perfect sense to me. :)

How did the pie production go? With fifteen pie makers, you ought to be able to pump out those pies pretty quick!

Hope Mali is feeling better soon.

16 blessings'mom said...

Ha, noisy and a bit loud..I should proof-read myself! The mysterious part is how it can be noisy and a bit loud, and peaceful at the same time...but sometimes it is. And pie production...well, you do understand that only two or three were actually making pies, right? There were many others trying to have after school snacks and watch and get tastes....anyway, they made two pumpkin plus a supersized pumpkin (in a 13x9 pan, we ran out of pie pans), two chocolate, a lemon merangue, and three apple. We don't know if it is enough though...ha. It sure smells good in here, though...

Martha said...

Sounds like a great accomplishment! Have somebody skinny eat a piece for me, I can't take it anymore. I'm outgrowing my clothing.

AUTISMOMMA said...

For four hundred and some odd dollars out of pocket, one would assume the dentist's office would have the decency to offer to call in the prescription while Mali was in the office so that it would be ready for you all to just swing by the pharmacy and pick it up on your way home.....or is that just me????