summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, November 20, 2010

so many things....

I am so excited about our trip to Dominican Republic, I can barely stand it. I can't believe we are actually going. I remember last year when we were going to Jamaica, I was excited about it, but now that I know how much fun it actually is to go away with Paul to a warm sunny beach, I am just about going crazy......for one thing, it seems just too good to be true, so I am thinking something might happen so we can't go....something like....a cholera epidemic...blah. Although I did read that the hotel industry is probably cracking down and practicing better sanitation than ever.

The holiday season is also here, and since I have not grown up yet, I love it all. I can't wait to get the Christmas stuff out, and wrap the presents, and buy the presents....Margaret and their cousin Jake just made two pans of fudge, and I just tasted it....oh, I wish it tasted terrible, but no such luck. It is creamy and delicous and yummy....it is for tomorrow, but if everyone tastes it....

I am also apprehensive about sending Benjamin off to the Army. I know he is a big boy, but....he is my little boy. I know it will be good for him, but....he is being sworn in early Tuesday morning, then he will "ship". Of course I want to be there when he is sworn in, so I shall allow the kids to skip their half day of school, and come with me.

Lately, though I am happy, I find myself crying about things at the drop of a pin. Two old people in the waiting room of the oral surgeon's office made me all teary-eyed...the lady was 74....and I thought of my mother, who died at 69....the husband was helping this lady fill out her list of medications, and it brought back so many memories....

Well, my kids put in "The Office" dvd, and made popcorn.....the younger five are all sleeping....I am distracted.

No comments: