summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

tiny little break....

We shopped. Joseph and Samuel, Mirielle and I, and the two little girls. First Kohls because I had ten bucks in Kohl's Cash and a 15% off card.....I got Jonathan a Christmas present, a small rug with roads on it, and three cars. It was regularly $40, I got it for $9.

Then to Target, I wanted a new bra....rats, they didn't have what I wanted in my size, so I got a blue one. I should have just gotten the one I wanted a while ago, because when I wait for a sale, my size is always gone. I also got some Christmas lights, some cute little fleece jackets for the little girls, a nice fall jacket for Mirielle for 75% off, a few kindergarten shirts for Miss Charlotte Claire, a polo shirt for Jonathan for $1.98....

Then to the grocery store....I got the turkey, 9 boxes of cereal, three pounds of baby carrots and some dip and cucumbers, bananas, bagels, juice, milk, vanilla Chai tea, body wash and shampoo and razors and other goodies Mirielle had good coupons for, milk and bread and eggs.....

Then, since it was a freezing rainy windy afternoon, I gave in to the requests of four children for McDonalds. Because I wanted that hot one dollar cup of coffee...oh, it was good. I put it on the credit card, blah, it is getting too easy to do that! We still only got things from the dollar menu...anyway, the coffee was so good, and it made me happy that Sam and Joe enjoyed their little snacks.

Next stop was the gas station, where I got $66 worth of gasoline for only $13 with my PriceChopper card. That is what I call FUN!

Margaret had put the roast in the oven for me, so it smelled good in here....I made some potatoes and broccoli, and Suzanne put some Pillsbury crescent rolls in the oven (we had a coupon).....I also put some pies in the oven, which are almost done now...it smells so good in here...we will make home made ones for Thanksgiving, but when the pumpkin and dutch apple crumb and the coconut cream are buy one get one free, we shall have some. We also don't run the heat so much, so it warms it up here....

So dinner and clean up and some laundry, and now my little break is over....(the girls cleared up the living room and are turning around and spinning in circles...they are going faster and faster and I sense a crash coming....

No comments: