summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, November 4, 2010

thankful thursday....

I have things to be thankful for. So, not necessarily in any order (like everything else in my life, ha)

1. This blog. It helps me straighten my thoughts out, and the kind comments you leave encourage me and warm my heart.

2. I am so thankful that Mali is all right. I am still concerned for her because she cannot run yet, and for her...running is very important. But I am thankful nonetheless.

3. My kids. I just had some conversation with Miss Mirielle, she got back from the gym and is heading to class, but had a few minutes...when they get older it is like having live-in friends.

4. My two little girls. Last night I sang both of them some songs before bed and cuddled them and stopped them from kicking each other as they sat on my lap.....they are slipping through my fingers and growing up so fast, but I am thankful for these days of hugs and silliness.

5. My stupid dog. Rosie is a ROYAL pain, yet I love her. She is stinky and intrusive and always underfoot....she follows me everywhere, and she is no toy poodle! But I love her eagerness and her enthusiasm and her loyalty.....and the way she just melts when I pet her.....

6. The dollhouse stuff I have collected. The girls play with it all of the time. Right now Charlotte Claire is dressed in the kitty suit, which she has worn pretty much non-stop since Halloween, and is playing in her own little world with dollhouse.

7. Coffee. Every morning Paul makes a pot before work.....

8. My cell phone. Yes, I have become addicted to my phone. With whom do I converse? My older kids. Abigail texts me at lunch from work sometimes, Mirielle will tell me a test score, Aaron will ask what is for dinner from the school bus on the way home, and Paul and I keep in touch with nice little thoughts....my older kids tease me when they know I am texting daddy...they say I am talking to my boyfriend, which I sort of am...

9. VACATION!!! I am not 100% sure, but pretty certain that we are indeed going on a vacation, a second honeymoon (is a second honeymoon supposed to be just one year after the first? If the first is after 26 years of marriage?) Well, whatever the rules are, we are going! But not to Jamaica....

10. Running water....Camille just woke up, and she peed in her night time pull-up....

4 comments:

Tereza said...

and the stuff you write warms my heart! Somehow it makes me feel like being "a big busy, crazy, bubbling, not so organized family" is normal!! and I want to thank you for that...it sure puts lots of things into perspective for me!

A vacation sounds great right about now...after cleaning up a puked in bed last night:):)

16 blessings'mom said...

Tereza...in our world (accepting the children, youth activities, fundraising, just going going going....) what IS normal? I find more and more I need to be at rest about the way it is here. I am not giving up trying to make it nice, but I can't let it consume me...you know, the BALANCE. It is different for everyone, so we can't copy, and we have to give others freedom if they cannot manage the same things we can...or be jealous when it seems they manage much much more! Oh, life is interesting!

16 blessings'mom said...

Oh, and the Pukey Bed - blah! I have been known to cry as I clean up things like that.

Martha said...

There is much to be thankful for, even wet beds. :)