summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, November 25, 2010

warm and cozy thanksgiving

Brunch.....blueberry pancakes, overnight French toast, bacon, sausage, eggs, fresh pinapple, orange and grape juice, and chocolate donuts...and cinnamon rolls.

One of the kids commented that it seemed "lonely" at the table....there were only 14 of us there! Emily and Abigail came in a bit later, but Aaron didn't come for a bit, he was at work at the grocery store in town. That's the thing about having sixteen kids, when a few are missing, it seems empty.

Fifteen pounds of chicken wings are in the oven. I shall make some hot Buffalo, and some barbecued. We will cut up some red and green peppers and celery, and carrots. There is a package of eclairs on the counter, and we are going to serve hot fudge sundaes later.

The kids are watching, "The Karate Kid", except for Camille who is hugging my red slippered feet and telling me how comfy my feet are. She has been playing dollhouse, and with the new Candyland game I got out for them today.

The movie is over, and Camille said, "Why is this movie done, I did not watch it!" Oh well, sweetie.

I need to check over the ads for tomorrows big sales, and plan our strategy. Abigail, Mirielle, Aaron, and Mali and possibly Margaret are going with me. There is something about getting up at three in the morning and then by like ten a.m., it seems like afternoon, and we start getting silly.

Time to check on the wings and start preparing the veggies....

1 comment:

Martha said...

Bethany is planning her strategy too. I think it involves the outlet mall in Waterloo sometime in the wee hours of the morning. She and her friends will be silly way before it hits 10 am!

Have fun! Maybe I'll head out sometime tomorrow afternoon. I need to make a stop at Wegmans. My milk is almost all gone.