summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

aah, army on the brain...

Ashley heard from him this morning, he has an accurate address now. He won't be at that address, but his stuff will be forwarded to him. I'm telling you, it is distressing to me to read about the stuff to send to those guys. Flea collars for the sand fleas? Ben is so allergic to fleas. (but I guess the guys have been having bad reactions to the collars, too, since it is hot there and the chemicals in them) I basically spent yesterday crying, because I am a big baby I guess.

I decided yesterday that if I want my house clean, I had better get cleaning. It rather worked, too. Except for the fact that the kids seem programmed to offset my efforts...sort of like Everything That Goes Up Must Come Down, ...for every pile I sort and put away, they make another pile. They are really into playing office right now, making cubicles with the foam squares, using their little toy computers that don't work anymore, putting pictures on their desks made from cardboard boxes. They are also making lots of artwork to decorate with, along with bringing their babies to work. They work in the living room, so it is...very fun in here today. The hallway is cleaned, I put away clothes that have been sitting there in a basket for not weeks, but months! They had to be either washed or thrown away after sitting there for so long. I got after Jon and Sonja to clean their room, and after their fighting and bickering and me threatening to stay in there and micro-manage, they finally settled into some serious cleaning, and they got it 90% done. Now I have to get them some new miniblinds, since Kitty Kitten destroyed the ones they have now.

I put away coats and snowpants, figured if we really get enough snow to play out in, we can dig them out of the closet.

So I did a lot of work and a lot of laundry, then made a quick-ish dinner of scrambled eggs, and bacon. I put two pounds of bacon on cookie sheets in the oven, and it cooks up nice and crispy without me having to stand there watching it, and without splattering grease all over the place.

I had to drive the girls to Girls' Fellowship, then go pick them up later, so the evening went fast. Again, it was hard to get the kids to bed because they just get so into their play. This whole house is just one big place to play in, to them. In our living room right now besides the whole office set-up is the play kitchen with food and dishes, and all the dollhouses. A slew of Barbies, and the glue and glitter and papers from Camille's latest artwork.

I am not complaining though. I like that they are never bored.

The college kids haven't left yet, so I shall go and talk to them. I am thinking that perhaps Camille and I will go and get those miniblinds, and some things to send to Benjamin.

No comments: