summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, March 19, 2012

yes, i ate one...

I resisted for a long time, but didn't endure until they were all gone. I was just going to take one bite, but I can't help it if I am such a good baker. The frosting is made with butter and shortening, vanilla, half and half...and of course confectioner's sugar. It is so yummy. But one tiny little vanilla cupcake can't have too many calories, can it?

Now they are all gone, phew.

This morning, the scale was kind to me. I am back down to where I was last week, again. I was a bit lower than this a few weeks, hence the frustration. And yes, I do weigh myself too often. I feel it keeps me on track, and though it is hard when the number is high, it is also encouraging when it goes down. It keeps me accountable, too, because those M&M's always show up a few days later. This morning I took my long walk, not the cheat-y short ones I had resorted to this winter because of darkness, snow, ice. This morning, I played Dodge The Worms and Avoid Dead Frogs, always popular after a good rain. Rosie didn't play, she just slogged through everything in her path as usual. I did steer her around the dead frogs though, because yuck. Sorry if anyone is eating their breakfast.

So I am optimistic that now that I am exercising and walking more, weight will start falling off again. I mean, I have to be optimistic. Because I am NOT giving up. Not yet, not ever! I read some really encouraging weight-loss success stories last night, which gives me a real boost of hope. If they can do it, I can do it. And if I can do it, anyone can do it! 'Cause I am most definitely the laziest, donut and cookie-loving, excuse-making Mama that ever did walk this earth! One thing I want to note...the few weeks I took off from exercising, I noticed my lower back starting to ache...something I have lived with for years, something that had disappeared when I was exercising regularly. It is feeling better now, which rather proves that exercise helps my back not to hurt. Interesting?

So many are the reasons for me to be strict with myself.

We got our tickets to see the premiere of, "The Hunger Games"!!! Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, and I are going on Friday night! I am more excited to be going with the girls than I am to actually see the movie, shh. But it has been fun to read the same books as these girls and talk about them. They have been counting the days 'til this movie came out, and I was like, blah. But then I picked up the first book...then read the second, and the third...real page-turners, and very interesting. Aimed for a younger reader, but still very good reads.

Before I face the Monday Mess, I think I will get my exercise in, then go from there. We need stuff from the store, big surprise. So off I go.

3 comments:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

you build muscle when you exercise which explains why the bac pains go away. You also loosen the muscles with exercise which also helps the pains go away.

You can do this, you have come s far already. I would love to know where you are reading?

Anonymous said...

I have to say that i would have eaten one too! :)

Sherah said...

Hi Della! Loved getting your comment on my blog, so nice to know someone is reading every now and then. =) I look forward to the day when I enjoy doing something with my kids just because I get to do it with them -- right now so much of what I do just seems never ending, mindless, repeated things. I am starting to enjoy them as their own person slowly but surely and it IS fun, especially with my oldest who is almost 13. We laugh about things together, it's neat.

I can relate to the Monday Mess, oh yes! I'm learning not to schedule playdates or ANYTHING on that day (except for my workout) because inevitably the mess just gets bigger if I don't attack it with a vengeance first thing after the kids go to school.

Here's to a great day tomorrow in the weight loss department for both of us! =)