summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, March 26, 2012

how i beat the blahs today




I did Easter Candy Inventory! Because I buy candy with no rhyme or reason. Then the night before Easter when I fill the baskets I wonder how to divvy up the extra bunnies...or marvel at how much I bought again. Today was one of those days I just needed to do something different, something fun. I exercised, then...got a phone call from PFC 1st Class Benjamin W. He was calling from Kandahar, I hope that is un-specific enough. I have to be strong for him, he is in a challenging position. His original mission was canceled, replaced by one that I won't detail, but suffice to say, sounds extremely dangerous to me. He was told to buy powdered detergent, 'cause he'll be doing laundry in a tin can. ouch. So, what's a mother to say? Well, this Mama told him he would be fine, just because details change, God is still there, He is just testing us just a little bit more. I reminded him of the verse in Proverbs, "A merry heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit, who can bear?"...I told him that if he really works on taking things right and trusting God, he can be a light there where he is, and strengthen the others too. He told me that Ashley has strengthened him with her good spirit, telling him he will be fine no matter what. He told me how nice it was to hear my voice. Then I got off the phone and cried my little eyes out. Seriously. Camille told me it was okay, "Benny will be home soon, Mama!" Then, he called back to ask for Dad's work number because he wasn't picking up his cell, and I had to pretend I was normal.

So Benjamin if you read this, please know that I still believe with all my heart that God has His hand on you, and that He hears and answers our prayers. But...I AM your Mom, so I WILL be tempted.

Camille and I cleaned up, swept up, did some laundry...had lunch, and ....took a nap. Short and not too sweet, the school kids came in loud happy. So I got up and made them cookies. I accidentally only put three eggs in instead of six, but they are really good anyway. I am having only one. No matter how much I want another, only one.

4 comments:

Kathyb1960 said...

Benjamin is covered by the Blood of Jesus! I pray for his protection every day, and I believe he is going to be fine. He is in my prayers until he returns home again!

Some others I pray for are Jeff (HS Friend), Frank (FB friend), Tim (my cousin's hubby), William (son of my friend from HS), Brittany (a cousin), Brandon (son-in-law of my Team Leader), and Nicholas (son of some very good friends!).

And when you're scared to death, Lean On Jesus, lean on His everylasting arms!

ccc said...

sending {{hugs}} to you..a mother's heart is so fragile when it comes to thinking about her children. I will pray for your Benjamin.
And, when I looked at your candy picture you made me realize how far behind I am in getting ready for making Easter baskets :)

Martha said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Being a mama of grown up kids is so very much harder than having a houseful of little ones. There is something extremely wonderful about knowing all your little ones are asleep in their beds... and then they grow up.

I am proud of you for being an army mom and grateful for your service to our country. I love you.

PS. I will come visit you if you tell me which Monday you think you might be able to stay home.

Anonymous said...

Hanging up on that call would have been heartbreaking and I would have bawled too. In fact just reading this gets me close..it is only natural to still worry!