summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, March 24, 2012

super cool stuff

Jonathan is super cool. He got up this morning with the birds, meaning the two little girls, and cuddled under a blanket on the couch watching, "Thomas The Tank Engine", while I took Rosie out for our walk. When I got back I noticed lots of paper from their outside art session blown across the yard. I asked Mr. Jon to pick it up, and he was right on it.

Yesterday...I made cupcakes. Almost two hundred. In between doing dishes and laundry and taking care of the princesses (Charlotte Claire has a cold, and got to stay home again). I didn't get them frosted yet, so it is nagging at me that I shouldn't be sitting here, the party is tonight. (a surprise party for a friend, not here...although yesterday was Kathryn's 14th birthday, so I will frost some for her)...anyway, yesterday...by the time I got all the cupcakes done and the house in order, the first trip bus was here, and it was Fun Time!!! Mali and Sam stayed with the little girls, Sonja, and Jonathan, and off I went with Margaret 15, Kathryn 14, Evelyn 12, and Suzanne 11. First stop: Dunkin Donuts. They have Baskin Robbins ice cream cones for 99 cents. Oh heavenly yum. A large coffee to go with it, and there is part two of lunch. Part one was fresh spinach with cucumbers and toasted almonds. I didn't feel too bad about it. Then dinner was two Reese's Peanut Butter cups during the movie. It was absolutely all I had for dinner though, except for a piece of a Hershey's bar. bad, yes very bad.

Anyway. Next stop: Target. Easter candy, a C.D for Kathryn's birthday, a clearance scarf for Margaret...then to the Dreaded Mall. I found a new skirt for $7.99, and a few tops from the clearance rack at Sears. I went into Hollister with the girls. What a horrid place. Dark, loud music, smelled like cologne, overpriced clothes...one of the guys who worked there kept walking by with no shirt on....hmm. The girls thought that was pretty funny, but jeepers. We stalked the clearance racks, and they each got a shirt for $5.35, which in my humble opinion is even more than they are worth. But they were happier than heck to get them.

Kathryn's big present was a pair of high-top sneakers from Dick's Sporting Goods. I know I have changed, because walking through there made me want to exercise.

The movie: Oh fun and fun and fun!! We got good seats, and were relatively well behaved, no overpriced overcaloried popcorn for us. And I refrained from threatening the slew of chatty teenagers behind us that if they dared continue their incessant nonsense during the movie, I would go tell on them. I did tell my girls I was going to to that though, and I started to stand up, and they believed me and it was so funny.

We loved the movie, it was true enough to the book to satisfy us. We cried, and we laughed, then had a great ride home.

Now, I need to go frost several dozen cupcakes. blah.

1 comment:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

sounds like an awesome day. My older girls went to see the Hunger games as well yesterday. I did not go. Not my kind of thing. Yay for the walking through dicks and wanting to exercise. I have to stop myself from wanting to by all kinds of exercise stuff to try out lol.