summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, March 2, 2012

friday morning...

I have done absolutely nothing this morning, besides walking Rosie, and getting kids out the door for school. There is plenty to do, but I do not care at the moment. Camille is awake in her room, playing. Rosie is sleeping in her cage, and Miss Kitty Kitten is in her favorite spot on the back of the couch.

Joseph didn't have to work today, so he could be the one to drive Aaron and Mirielle to the airport, which is at least two hours of driving. It sounds good to me because it opens up that ever wonderful possibility of: a nap. A warm delicious nap. Not that I will actually take one, I rarely do, I just talk about them and dream about them. They are a waste of time. That's why I find it hard to actually give in and take one once in a while. Anyway, I could ask Joseph to do that driving for me this afternoon...

Then I will be able to do all the regular afternoon things, like think up something for dinner.

Since the dr. said not to lift anything, I am wondering about all the laundry I have to do. The washer is low down, hard to scoop those clothes out and put them up into the dryer...but I have been doing it right along, so it should be okay. Right? blah. Sometimes it is easier to do things myself than to have to pull teeth to get them to do things. Not all the kids protest, and not all of them do sloppy jobs, but average it out, and sometimes it is just easier to do it myself. I find this surgery recovery was stressful because in spite of all my planning and chore-lists, I was still here and in charge, and had to carry things out and manage things, which is normal, but I didn't want to! I just wanted to take pain meds when I had pain, and lie in my bed. But when I did that, I would come wandering back out here later, and What The Heck! I do not keep a spotless house, but jeepers!

Not complaining, just explaining.

I should be fine by now, right? It's like when you have a baby, and the first week you have so much help...but when you REALLY NEED help, like when the baby is two or three weeks old and you are totally exhausted, and everyone else is just going their merry way, blah.

Anyway, I shall get out of my chair and do some work. I will sweep up and mop, and do some dishes, and perhaps marinade some chicken for dinner. I will put in a load of laundry, and get some breakfast for Camille, and when I find all the grumbling inside about the dirty socks here and there and the wet towel on the floor and the half full mug of tea with the teabag still in it, I will take it right, by the grace of God. I do not want to grow old without changing, to turn into a grumpy bitter old woman, miserable about everything. No, I want to really acknowledge my own sin here in the trials, so that I can be cleansed and purified in my days.

I had a dream last night about Jesus coming back. It was so magnificent I can't find the right words. We were so stunned to see the sky opening up, and the angels coming out, Paul said we should bow down, and when I looked, every single person on the entire earth was bowing down, and I was filled with this huge feeling of intense excitement tinged with humility...I knew at that moment that everything I had ever hoped for was TRUE, Jesus was MAGNIFICENT, and He was coming back...then I woke up.

So of course today I feel like I have been given another day...a day to use foolishly, perhaps feeling sorry for myself, or muttering and fussing about my lot here, or maybe just daydreaming about stuff...or, I can listen for His voice, and be saved in my situations. Being pleasing to God during our days is really the very most important thing....

No comments: