summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, March 16, 2012

day off from school!!!

A real one this time, not just one of my own inventions. Staff Development Day. It coincides with the college kids' vacation, so it is a full house today.

When I woke up this morning to Paul's alarm, I thought it was Saturday. Then I remembered it was Friday, and groaned...then I remembered it was a day off...by then I was wide awake...blah, I should have just gotten up, but it was nice to lay there and fall back to sleep.

My blogging time will be short this morning, as the distractions are many. I have a few girls who want me to take them shopping. All the little kids want to go to, so I am sensing some frustration if we take them, and disapointment if we don't. And I do not like to make them sad...

Anyone else have girls who always need stuff? Boys are easier. Teeshirts and jeans, a few sweatshirts. Some shorts. But girls. They never ever have anything to wear, and always need bras. And shoes. Sandals, flip-flops, sneakers.

Our microwave is broken. I am old enough to remember what life was like Before Microwaves. We had to heat things up on the stove! Hot drinks? Tea kettle! Emily and Abigail don't have a microwave because she has bought two, and neither worked, so they determined they have a curse and no microwave oven can live in their apartment. Paul is buying a new one today. Ours has been slowly dying, overheating and then doing this haunted thing where it turns on when you open the door, which seems dangerous.

Anyway, there is a spirit of restlessness here, kids want to go somewhere. They have already gone out and determined that it is way too soggy outside to play since we got rain during the night. The little girls are being naughty trying to get attention while Margaret and Kathryn discuss why the Americans are in Afghanistan, and why people are poor, and other important things.

We are not thrilled to hear how things are going over in Afghanistan...especially because I talked to Benjamin last night: he had a deployment date, he and Ashley were cherishing each of their last days together, then he got a call...he is leaving in just a few days instead of next week. His plans of moving the furniture into storage must be expedited now....he said it seemed so far away for so long, and now it is in just a few days...

Well, it is crazy in here. Camille is telling me she will clean up her dollies if I will bring her bye-bye....I told her I do not negotiate with terrorists.

2 comments:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

I will be thinking and praying for Ben while he is gone. Deployments SUCK! There is no way to put it, but without guys (and girls) like him, where would be be.

mommeeof10 said...

My first microwave I bought at the px? on Ft Ord in 1987. It lasted for 10 years. I'm on my 4th one since then. The last one someone tried to reheat a bag of kettle corn in it, a little kid who could not read. Hubby says my then 5 yr old told him there was a fire, with flames inside the microwave. There was. It would not turn on after that. The one before that, died after less than 2 years. Costco refunded my money and I bought a new one.