summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, March 11, 2012

wow this weekend went by fast

And lest I lull my own self to sleep, I shall not recount it. But I will say that I was gone Friday to lunch at the Olive Garden for Mali's birthday, then to Target...Saturday I worked at the Monster Jam Monster truck show at the Dome...then today, to church. The sun was shining, the weather fine, which doesn't figure in with the snow I walked in this morning on my walk with Rosie.

This afternoon I went on a walk/jog. Which means I jogged for a as long as I could, fifty feet or so, then walked 'til my breathing was almost normal, then jogged again. Rosie thought this was great fun, the jogging part anyway. She did not want me to slow down to a walk.

I truly am starting all over again in this Diet Thing. It is hard to find that motivation, I feel like I did for all those years, going to bed at night swearing that Tomorrow I Will Behave. Today I did behave, pretty well. We had some company over for dinner, cooked steaks on the grill, and I made chocolate chip cookies for dessert. This time I only had like two cookies worth of dough, and ONE, yes, one cookie. It was a well-done one, nice and crispy and chewy, oh so good. I would rather not have ANY, but I couldn't hold out. I only had one bite of a roll, from Camille, and a few tastes of her mashed potatoes. I basically only had green beans and steak.

I am going to ease back into my workouts, and perhaps go to the pool a few times this week, and lengthen my walks again. When I started this whole thing, I lost 12 pounds in the first five weeks, so I am hoping to get results like that again.

The weather here is supposed to be nice this week. I am happy for Mirielle and Aaron and Mali, they are on spring break.

Seven of the kids are watching a movie, and I am distracted...

No comments: