summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, September 17, 2012

aah, monday...

Mondays seem to come with alarming frequency. Week after week, there they are. But they are not really infinite. No, our days are numbered, as are our Mondays.

So it goes without saying that it would be pretty stupid to grumble them all away.

Tired or not.

And um, might I mention the huge-o load of dishes that appeared in my sink, overflowing to my counters, this fine morn?

And dirty towels...I loaded the washer with towels.

Then it hit me as I sat here in my comfy chair that the dishwasher and the washing machine are doing lots of work for me. I mean, since when is it really "work" to gather towels and stuff them into the washer, add detergent, close the door, and push some buttons?

So the machines are humming, Suri has found her way back to the comfy couch. I have tried and tired to get her off the furniture, but she wins because she doesn't get tired of playing the game of me getting her down, and obviously the one sleeping on the couch is the winner.

So I am happy and thankful that Ben and Ashley are getting back together. She will be there when he gets off that plane. They never stopped loving each other. I know that Benjamin worked really really hard at giving things over to God, and not becoming bitter...keeping his heart soft. Love covers a multitude of sin, (Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sin...1 peter 4:8). Benjamin is thankful for this whole ordeal because he was able to examine himself, and see all the things he can do better. There is suffering in life, and as much as it broke my heart to see them suffer so, I too am thankful...I love Ashley very very much, and I know that she felt the goodness of God.

Sometimes I get really frustrated. Tempted to all sorts of things. I feel hurt and offended and just ticked off. I live in a house full of teenagers!!! They know everything, and they have their little comments...there are misunderstandings and there are Stomping Off And Slamming The Door things...I try to keep peace, and get them to some things around here......and I start thinking things like, "There has to be a solution to this!", and, "I need a break!". But. There IS a solution to it, and I darn well know it. Isn't it obvious? "Take heed to yourself, and the doctrine, then you will save yourself, and those who hear you."(1 Tim. 4:`6). It always goes back to me. I have to be in a good spirit! I have to be forgiving and patient and willing to be wronged! When I am battling my own sin, then when I say what I need to say, it goes much better than when I chastise harshly.

So I am thankful that there is this way that Jesus made. That is really works. I am thankful that we can be knit together in love when we hate our own sin.

I have not taken my walk yet. I stayed up too late last night, and didn't wake until 6:45, much too late for anything other than a small outing with Suri.

My whole weight-loss thing is depressing. The scale, ooh I hate the scale today. Two and a half pounds heavier than I was at my lowest. rrr. I want a NEW lowest. But first I have to work hard to re-visit my old lowest. rrr. I worked out every single day last week, then swam at the REC center on Saturday morning, before going to the Dome to work the football game...(can you say EVIL HILL, then to add insult to injury, tons of really steep stairs??!!) blah. I behaved quite well, too. Had a sausage without the bun, and nothing else. Well, later I did have a nice cold beer and some popcorn. Not good. But after a day at the Dome...blah. I need to keep my hand out of the chocolate chips, too, I guess. I work so hard, eat so well, then do things like that.

The thing is, for me, the excitement of my initial weight loss has been replaced by a feeling of blah, being stuck, and feeling really big and yucky.

But. I will not give up. Even though this whole summer has been one big session of frustration. Swimming, walking, exercising, eating well 95% of the time...and the scale just hating me. When I worked this hard prior to the gall bladder removal, I was golden. I think my metabolism is not what it was, even though from what I read, there is no such thing. Whatever the reason, it is No Fun.

But. I will not give up.

Because even if the scale isn't moving, I am still healthier by exercising and eating good food.

Ah well, time to stop my rambling and get on with my day. My lovely Monday, not to be taken for granted....















































2 comments:

Chrissy said...

I read your blog from the UK and I just wanted to say how pleased I am for Ben and Ashley. They look like a perfect fit. Marriage isn't fun and games. It's the hardest and easiest thing in the world.

Tereza said...

So so excited about Ben and Ashley!!!
Weightloss is so so annoying. SO annoying! But like You said you are already much healthier than you used to be so it's worth it to keep the good habits. You have had lots success already!!! Dont give up!